50th Anniversary Whalen

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Can a kind mod please sticky this thread , I dont have the power anymore

Ive told Doug I will leave it up for about a week (or till I get back from offshore anyway) and then close the group buy so roll up roll up anyone who wants a knob

Huup!!!!

Ok Im closing this next friday 6th March, so if anyone else wants to order one get yourself on the list

Ok cause Im still offshore I havent closed this yet, Doug has just emailed me he has now worked out to make the knob work on the classic so if anyone wants a classic knob post in this thread. Will be looking to close this by the middle of the week.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinSullivan View Post
    Ok cause Im still offshore I havent closed this yet, Doug has just emailed me he has now worked out to make the knob work on the classic so if anyone wants a classic knob post in this thread. Will be looking to close this by the middle of the week.
    Martin, with regards to the classic, is the overall OD size smaller?
    I'd be keen for the classic as well, but not if it's the same size, i appreciate it's asking a lot, but........

Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Martin, with regards to the classic, is the overall OD size smaller?
    I'd be keen for the classic as well, but not if it's the same size, i appreciate it's asking a lot, but........
    Below is the quote from Doug, which reads to me like it will be the standard size whalen just mounted differently. Guess it would have to be that size for the design to work.

"I can make them to look just like my usual knobs; but rather than the quick-disconnect type of mount, the inserted piece will be drilled and tapped to screw onto the lever. And in order to keep the engraving design positioned properly, I would add a set screw in-between the two o-rings and toward the front, so as to be out of sight when installed."

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Cheers Martin, put me down for a classic, number 49

Doug W
    I thought I'd better chime in here (hope that's okay ).

I can't get stainless steel balls smaller than 2" diameter, so all stainless knobs must be that size.

Gismo man, are you firm on that #49?
    Reason I ask is that I have another fellow who has asked me for that number (actually, he originally asked me #50; but I told him it's already spoken for, so he settled for #49).

-Doug

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug W View Post
    I can't get stainless steel balls smaller than 2" diameter, so all stainless knobs must be that size.

Gismo man, are you firm on that #49?
    -Doug
    Yes

Doug W
    What a dilemma! An Irishman and a Scotsman both wanting the same number.

What to do, what to do.... I don't want to start an international incident.

Let me make a call...

make 2 49's and don't tell anyone...a ninja would