Web Site Revamp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I've been busy in the background and have revamped the NMS web site
    I'm by no means a web site builder and the graphic artists out there may have a chuckle to themselves

I've had to balance between getting a professional job done (very expensive) and having something that's functional and easily worked on to my standard (cheaper)

However, i'd appreciate any feedback on any broken links or something that's just not right etc.

I'm busy working on the gallery section, it's a huge task in itself and i also want to clean up file structure on the server, so, again, there may be links from the forums that may cease to work.

Thanks for your patience

bazzaric
    Any help you need buddy, just drop me a PM. Been a while since I did vBulletin, mostly the poor man's version (PHPbb), but i'm sure I will be able to help where required

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaric View Post
    Any help you need buddy, just drop me a PM. Been a while since I did vBulletin, mostly the poor man's version (PHPbb), but i'm sure I will be able to help where required
    The forums are run in php and are all ok, the website is where all the changes have been made

New Mini Scotland

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If anyone has anything they may consider appropriate for the News page then please e-mail it to me at info@newminiscotland.co.uk and i'll add it to the site

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Also, i'm updating the gallery section, i intend to host all the pictures taken on the runs for folks to be able to see from the gallery section.
    I can download from the forums, or, if folks want to send me their images on a CD that's even better
    Contact me for the mailing address, i'll even pay the postage and supply a CD

So, if anyone took pictures from the karting event, let me have them and i'll get them hosted up

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    I'm just going to be really honest and don't want this to sound arsey as the site needed a refresh but...

Any chance the background could be black? Would just look more consistent with the forum.

The Banner at top has pixelated as the file size/resolution has been reduced too much.

The buttons are a bit windows 98 esq... you can get free buttons on the web that could look better if you don't know how to make your own.

Just my opinion... typical media student lol sorry

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    All opinions are welcomed, this is my first attempt at building a web site and it shows
    For now the white background will stay until i've built up enough experience.
    The programme i'm using does not like showing fonts on dark backgrounds, the text is almost impossible to read, but, that's not to say it won't change later.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Are you using dreamweaver? If not i would recommend it... makes things much easier and you can personalise to your hearts content.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Are you using dreamweaver?
    No, it's only $400

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    No, it's only $400
    Cough...www.isohunt.com..Cough. Not that i would promote or every partake in piracy...

I would agree with Baz - Dreamweaver makes creating very slick looking sites very simple!

But either way, good work with the update - and your web coding skills will only advance over time.