850 jobs gone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Like I've said before....that's one of the risks of being a 'paidovertheoddsforthesamejob' agency worker It's all built into the salary (Can't understand what all the fuss is about) I feel more sorry for the people who get paid off and are normal staff as they've not had the benefit of the bigger salary over the same amout of years. Trust me, the redundancy packages that are usually being offered are crap and by no means compensate you in my experience Been there too many times before (been made redundant 5 times so I know what I'm talking about) Unless you get an enhanced package, the government payout is pi$h
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Can't understand what all the fuss is about
    Agree completely. They knew the deal of their contracts, they knew the risks. I'm surprised none of them saw it coming...

I don't see what all the fuss is about...less traffic in the mornings is a good thing as far as i'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Like I've said before....that's one of the risks of being a 'paidovertheoddsforthesamejob' agency worker It's all built into the salary (Can't understand what all the fuss is about) I feel more sorry for the people who get paid off and are normal staff as they've not had the benefit of the bigger salary over the same amout of years. Trust me, the redundancy packages that are usually being offered are crap and by no means compensate you in my experience Been there too many times before (been made redundant 5 times so I know what I'm talking about) Unless you get an enhanced package, the government payout is pi$h
    if you think the person employed through the agency gets paid over the odds you should see what the actual agency gets paid.

I've never known an agency worker yet (well any that i've taken on in the past) to have been paid more than any of the other people in the office.

Any long term agency worker has always had a yearly increased pay rise which would have been agreed between myself and the agency.

Agency workers get 14 days paid leave (can't remember if that's an exact figure as it's been 2 years now) from their agency, however I may for whatever reason ask the agency to pay them more leave days but I would get charged for it.

No sick pay but I may put hours in for them so they got something.

Any agency worker that worked for us for more than 6 months got an enhanced package of 9 months pay when they were made redundant.

So from my experience working with a large corporate company I would have thought BMW/MINI would have done something for them, but I guess the company took advantage of the current climate and are not to bothered about bad press.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I heard on the radio this morning that General Motors are laying off 43,000 workers worldwide this year
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'