Broken Leg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Mili returned from the latest MINI2 run with a broken suspension arm, currently in JC's awaiting to be fixed :( gutted

What were you doing to the poor wee thing?

macblob
    These bad rds south of the border eh alan?

Hope all is well quickly and ur back on the rd again

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Must have been a pot hole as i remember hitting quite a few, the roads were terrible, don't get me wrong, a good route etc, just the condition of some of them.
    The car was driveable, it was the link arm from the back of the strut to the wishbone, snapped clean off at the lower end :) try getting that under warranty 8)

Sponsor & Jakey
    Ouch!! Sorry to hear that Alan. Hope the wee beastie's back to good as new ASAP.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    Awww, the poor wee soul!! I'm just glad BabyB wasn't on that run or she'd be broken all over!! (returning to bodyshop again soon after grounding/buckling bracket incident):(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Something to watch out for if you get Eibach lowering springs installed, you get new drop link suspension arms to replace the Mini ones, to be fair they are more robust, but, if they break you gotta get new ones, obviously takes time to deliver :blackeye:
    So, car stuck in JC's awaiting the new part

One nice thing though, a round of applause for Alan the parts guy for taking the time to source a non BMW part and arrange delivery etc etc :)

Julz
    The parts guys in JC's are very good, not sure how their trainee feels after I went in there on friday and asked for a screw!! (one of the four that holds the plastic cover over the sc cooler has run away!!)

Mini Martyn
    Sorry to hear about your suspension arm BS hope your motoring again soooon!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    It gets worse, Eibach no longer make the drop links :( looks like the anti roll bar was changed but i never got the standard one back :(
    Having to price up a new anti roll bar and drop links to get back on the road, not happy :dead: