Dodgy fuel guage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    macblob
    Ohh well yet another warranty trip to Dunedin on Friday for me, Got in the car this am and the fuel guage never sprang into life , with the low fuel light on and no action from the needle, depite having a nearly full tank of petrol.

Hoping it will be a simple electrical prob that doesnt involve taking the entire enterior of the dash apart.

Only seem to manage about 3 months of hassle free motoring before yet another thing fails or breaks.

Yet another nail in the coffin from point of view of buying another MINI.

Resident old yin.
    That should be easily fixed Brian hopefully.

3 months without a problem - not bad

Any further thoughts on what you are getting next?

macblob
    Really not too sure Ken , getting more and more annoyed by the continuing problems that appear with the MINI.

Been considering a few options, Seat Cupra 1.8 Turbo (180bhp) and the toyota celica are a couple of maybes. Need to be second hand though.... a yr or 2 yrs old , will wait and see , I need to go and test drive a few cars

Sponsor & Jakey
    No luck with the fuel gauge Brian :( Hope it gets fixed without any further hassle.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Been considering a few options, Seat Cupra 1.8 Turbo (180bhp) and the toyota celica are a couple of maybes. Need to be second hand though.... a yr or 2 yrs old , will wait and see , I need to go and test drive a few cars
    I know a new car is more expensive but I have vowed never again to own a car outside of warranty as they are so complex these days even the simplest fault can cost two arms & three legs to get fixed.

How about a new Hyundai Coupe - A really excellent looking car that gets good reviews. Comes with a 5 year warranty now too

GAJ
    Sorry to hear about the problems Brian.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I'm sure you would be fine with a new Mini Brian. The current build seems to be much better than the early build. I've done 20K miles now in 12 months with only 1 problem.

macblob
    Feul guage was working ok again today so car is still booked in for friday afternoon, but if it hasnt developed the same fault again by then not going to bother taking it in as they will find nothing wrong with it lol.

Might spend friday afternoon going to perth to have a look at a seat leon ive seen , maybe get a wee test drive , help me make my mind up

Wul
    Macblob - sounds similar to the temp gauge fault i had on my coop a few times - ended up in getting two new speedo clusters fitted - the OBC may have logged this fault for when you take it in to the dealer.

Like the leon - much the same as the A3 Audi (Same Dash) and nice in the dark gun metal silver or black - please tell me it's not a yellow one!:I - I chased one down the A720 this morning

Starky
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

quote:Originally posted by macblob

I know a new car is more expensive but I have vowed never again to own a car outside of warranty as they are so complex these days even the simplest fault can cost two arms & three legs to get fixed.

How about a new Hyundai Coupe - A really excellent looking car that gets good reviews. Comes with a 5 year warranty now too
    Ken you would double your trade in value of a hyindi thingi just by sticking that whalen of yours on it I've just ordered mine too by the way, should get it soonish.