Broken bonnet release cable?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    when that happened to us in our Dooper We took the side panel off where the pull lever is in the car, the cable kinda looks like an old bike brake cable and it had come out the housing we got plyers and put it back in its housing.
    Cooper Coupe...

Well, thanks so far....I just about made it home from work without an accident and have located the cable by fishing around behind the 'pull' lever in the car. Alas, all that happens when I pull it is that it comes about 6 inches out of the hole and then sticks. I can't pull any harder (and don't want to make matters worse). And I'm not keen on removing panels, I'd be sure to trash something. So it looks like I get a scary low-visibility drive (possibly illegal) to the dealers or foot the bill myself at the local garage. Or maybe the RAC would be more responsible than mini recovery!

Grrrrr......

R56 Cooper, pepper white/black, feck all extras.

Gets better.....my lovely other half managed to pop my bonnet and fill up my skoosh bottle (so to speak), so the dealers can take it in at their leisure and sort it out properly. Along with the crunchy gear-box I've been meaning to get looked at since November. Honestly, sometimes I'm such a bird I depress myself: just needed a bit of manly force with the pliers!

R56 Cooper, pepper white/black, feck all extras.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    my lovely other half managed to pop my bonnet and fill up my skoosh bottle (so to speak),
    Snigger.....ohhh we could have sooooooooooo much fun with a comment like that
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    Gets better.....my lovely other half managed to pop my bonnet and fill up my skoosh bottle. Just needed a bit of manly force with the pliers!

Ooooooooooerrrrrrrr missus

(see what I mean)
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'