Removing side indicators

lowrider
    Buying a set of clear indicators tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the easiest way to remove the original ones ( I'm sure you lot must know the easiest way ) I was thinking about a flat head and prizing them out ?

Thanks, Andrew.

GCA3N
    Its a couple of years ago since i done this if i remember its just as you say, dead easy

mikeythemini
    1st or 2nd gen?

Car
    R53 GP
    aye thats how I do it if its a first gen you have. flat head to the side nearest drivers door, and it should pop out with a little tug

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    if it's first gen, then the easiest way is to open the bonnet and push the back end of the side repeater (nearest the bulb) out from the inside. Then it just sides out towards the back of the car...

if 2nd gen, then on the outside, just grap hold of the side repeater and push it towards the front of the car, it should then just pop out.

hope this helps.

the back of the bulb holder just twists out, then just pop out the lens with a screw driver...

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    if it's first gen, then the easiest way is to open the bonnet and push the back end of the side repeater (nearest the bulb) out from the inside. Then it just sides out towards the back of the car...

if 2nd gen, then on the outside, just grap hold of the side repeater and push it towards the front of the car, it should then just pop out.

hope this helps.

the back of the bulb holder just twists out, then just pop out the lens with a screw driver...
    C'Mon the Pit Crew

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

lowrider
    Easy job, thanks. My first mod. completed ha ha !
    Looks better than the orange jobbies

Andrew.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Easy job, thanks. My first mod. completed ha ha !
    Looks better than the orange jobbies

Andrew.
    Happy to Help