Rear Seat Delete Kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Ok, first job is to take our your parcel shelf and lower the rear seats. Also a good idea to push your front seats as far forward to give you room.

Next is to remove the rear seat backs. First you have to remove the bolt which is located between the rear seats. Picture below shows where this is. You will need a 10mm socket.

Next is to unlock the fitting between the seats. You do this by placing a large screwdriver in the top of the fitting and push it upwards as per these photos...

this then allows the rear left seat back to pop out of the fitting..

Car
    you need to lift up the seat back (as if you were pulling it back towards you) to a 45 degree angle and then pull it towards the middle of the car. Be careful not to lift the right side up too high as it could snap the fitting which is located in the plastic side panel. The right hand side one is the same idea..

Here is a pic of the angle I am talking about

Last part of the removal is the seat base. This just lifts up, only slightly tricky bit is where the seat base would meet the seat backs, you have to push down a bit as you lift up the front.

the only thing you now need to take out is the fitting which is used to locate the seat backs. You will require a T40 Torx to remove the 3 bolts that hold it in..

Car
    next is the bit of wood that you are going to use...

I selected 9mm marine ply as if it gets wet, it won't fall to bits as MDF can..

Virgin Timber..

I got the measurements from RyanK (Thanks Young Pup)..

They are... 1060mm along the top (near the back of the front seats) 875mm along the bottom (near the boot) and 625mm up the sides.

Timber all cut

A piece routered out for a little something I am adding.

Car
    next was to cover the wood with acoustic carpet and add my finishing touch..

I added a piece of 3 x 2 to the front to lift it up and make it level.

I used spray adhesive got from B & Q (£3.99), carpet of ebay forr £7.29 delivered and got the ply F.O.C.
    Finished on the bench before fitting in the car...

And the money shots of it all now fitted in the car.. I am chuffed to bits with it, and must thank MarkyC for his chippy skills

Looks great. All you need now is to get some Tesco APC and give your plastic trim a good clean it's manky.
    Cooper Coupe...

What you need now is the gtt rear strut brace (which I happen to have sat in my garage ) Would finish it off a treat

actually I was wondering that with the seats taken out what affect will that have on the car (if any). I mean with the GP then put that bar in the back didn't they.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinSullivan View Post
    What you need now is the gtt rear strut brace (which I happen to have sat in my garage ) Would finish it off a treat
    interesting Martin... If you still have it in a few months and I have the cash, then you never know...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinSullivan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    interesting Martin... If you still have it in a few months and I have the cash, then you never know...
    I've just recently added that to my car, no pics yet, but, kept the seats in.

Craig, any chance you can e-mail me some pics

And thanks for adding to the How To section, Andy will be pleased

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I've just recently added that to my car, no pics yet, but, kept the seats in.

Craig, any chance you can e-mail me some pics

And thanks for adding to the How To section, Andy will be pleased
    pics on their way...