Vote in my first poll on MINI2.com please!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Linda M
    I feel sorry for you Wul as you're not having a great time of it right now :(

Monsta Mo Mini
    Wul - I think it's time you took things to the next level. I wouldn't even bother taking it back to Dunedin. Call them up and ask for the contact details of Head of Customer Services for Scotland. It's really starting to sound like your getting into the territory where rejecting the car wouldn't be unreasonable. I think you've been through quite enough!

Wul
    MMM - thats exactly what i'm about to do this morning - i'm going to phone Dunedin for the address and ask them to fax me the last job sheet as well so i can read the technicians comments as i'm not a happy bunny - oh and now the dash has a couple of extra rattles for good measure from where they presumably removed the speedo cluster to test it!

Don't know if any of the faults are serious enough to reject the car totally (apart from the airbag one!) but i really want to be satisfied with my car and not expect to have to go back once a month for the next 2 1/2 years as there would be no-way i'd keep it after that if it was still having as many problems outwith the warranty period!

Sigh!:(

Sponsor & Jakey
    Can't believe what you're being put through Wul :( That is just hellish :disapprove:

I agree with MMM on this one, it's time to take it to the next level. See if you can get the head of Customer Services for Scotland, failing that I'd get straight on to MINI UK.

The level of service (or lack of) you are getting from the dealership is pathetic, nobody should have to put up with that.

Use the term 'not fit for purpose' as much as you can in relation to the cars faults and ailments. Its a term that should certainly spur them into action. Although your car has a three year warranty it doesn't mean you should have to run to the dealership once a month to keep your car functional.

Best of luck, keep us posted and let us know how you get on.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Wul
    Update! Dropped the car in to Dunedins this morning - Jim Carroll the Service manager spent 20mins going through the works to be carried out today in detail so hopefully it should be sorted to my satisfaction! He is still reviewing the rest of my letter at present.

However he did also note that i had commented on the car wash at Dunedin - and has stated that the cars are NEVER put through an automatic carwash but are jetwashed by lance only. So God knows where the scuffs were from!

Wul

PS: as i drove up the office in the courtesy ONE this morning it's airbag light came on!!! What Joy!

Linda M
    Hope you get 'some' joy later today when you pick your MINI up Wul :)

macblob
    ive had a list of warranty repairs carried out by dunedin too

Last time i went in i thought the customer service was better thant before, so hopefully they might get there act together

I was never out the place for the 1st 6 months of owning the car

Bmw build quality - lol , what a laugh

Wul
    Macblob - i feel your pain!

I finally got an offer of £300 worth of accessories as a gesture of goodwill.

Tahra
    Wul,
    Ive saying a lot about dealers under your brakepad thread, including why we left Dunedin and are now leaving Eastern.....and we never got sweeties from either of them ! We're about to write to BMW about Eastern telling us to buy new brake discs when it turns out theres nothing wrong with them ! Have fun spending the wad.

Wul
    Tahra - the contact details you need are as follows:

Trevor.Houghton-Berry@bmw.co.uk

or

BMW (GB) Ltd
    Ellesfield Avenue
    Bracknell
    Berkshire
    RG12 8TA

phone 01344 480880
    fax 01344 359860

Don't forget to CC Both dealerships your letter - you might get a bit better service next time.

Good Luck in your efforts.

Wul