Car Shampoo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    I have been using either Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II or Meguairs Soft Gel, which both give good results...but fancied a bit of a change so what car shampoo do people recommend. Needs to produces decent amount of foam as I use it in a Super Sprayer as a pre wash and not strip wax...

Cheers
    Andrew
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

marc_v33
    valet pro PH neutral snow foam from cleanyourcar.co.uk is supposed to be good.. they didnt have any when i bought my lance so i just bought the super snow foam but will be buying this when i need more!

Car
    R53 GP
    Im using meguiars shampoo plus, works for me and smells awesome

Don't think everone favours it though

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_v33 View Post
    valet pro PH neutral snow foam from cleanyourcar.co.uk is supposed to be good.. they didnt have any when i bought my lance so i just bought the super snow foam but will be buying this when i need more!
    But that's just for the snow faom machiney though is it not. It's not for use as an actual car shampoo.

Andrew, I used to use Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II also. Then I bought a 5 litre tub of Maguires pro shampoo and I'm not so keen on that - I just think it was leaving the car looking a bit dull. So I'm gonna go back to Maxi Suds II. Can't beat it.

Once you find a winning formula, straying from it is always tricky.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

got to be Duragloss 901
    and for a change CG citrus wash and gloss
    Cooper Coupe...

marc_v33
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    But that's just for the snow faom machiney though is it not. It's not for use as an actual car shampoo.

A.
    not as far as im aware

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_500.html

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Think I might stay with the Maxi Suds II... Another order for CYC me thinks...

Cheers for the thoughts
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

N12 JLK
    Pantene wash and go for fly away hair.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_v33 View Post
    Yeah, that's a pre-wash shampoo. It's not intended for actually using as a shampoo in a bucket with wash mit. It's just for sticking in your snow-foam machine.

Again, that's as far as I can gleam from the web site. I haven't checked with Detailing World or anything - so I could still be wrong.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah watch the snow foam will not have the same slickness as actual shampoo so you may end up scratching the paint if what ever your using to agitate the dirt hits a dry patch, Been Using Megs Hyperwash for my wash……along with snow foam in my lance.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!