spotlights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dougie_dfc
    Just wondering if anyone could help,
    looking to get a price for 2 and a price for 4 spotlights for a r52 cooper....
    would need to be near the Dundee area if anyone has used anywhere or JC?, plus fitting..

any help would be much appreciated thanks

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    I used Kevin Pirie and Son at the docks in Dundee next to the Arnold Clark Vauxhall garage.

They did 2 for me then an addition 2 at a later date. Very good job to. It was on an R56.

They are around £35 plus vat where I think JCs are about £95 plus vat. I would have gone to JCs but as you can see the price swung it for me.

If it had been an engine or mechanical thing getting done then there would have been no question... JCs, but since it was just adding spotlights I knew from previous experience that Kevin Piries do a good job. You also get the car back the same day. .

If you want to see the job they've done then just PM me. I need to get petrol so if you're working tonight I'll pop down if you let me know.

Unit 3, The Fruitmarket, East Dock St, Dundee, Angus DD1 3JN
    Tel: 01382 228989

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_dfc View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could help,
    looking to get a price for 2 and a price for 4 spotlights for a r52 cooper....
    would need to be near the Dundee area if anyone has used anywhere or JC?, plus fitting..

any help would be much appreciated thanks

dougie_dfc
    thanks for that, pretty cheap compared to JC!
    do u knw if its the same spotlights, or do you get different sizes and that?
    if its where i think it is, my dad knows the guy and thats where i got the hands free put in, which was a good job!
    wont be working again till Monday night but thanks for the help!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    you can buy stainless wipac spots (which look the same as the MINI ones) for £40 per pair from Moss Europe. Thats where I got mine from. get them wired up and it works out much cheaper than a genuine kit.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    I bought Genuine ones from JC's. David got me a good deal on them. Since you have a different model I know there are compatible ones out there like Craig says, but for the R56 there is very little unless you want to go across the pond.

Ebay is a good bet for a price. I don't think Kevin Pirie supply the spotlights but you could ask. They have no problem fitting ones that they don't supply. For ease I supplied them with a printout of the instructions which someone on here should have.

I highly recommend them for any electrical repair or mod. Try one of the sponsors for spotlights like JCs or www.newministuff.com they might sort you out.

dougie_dfc
    thanks Craig and Ferengo, been looking on the internet at it seems theres loads of options so ill need to figure out what i actually want...whether getting rid of the grill and replacing it with the black grill
    There also seems to be a lot of people getting rust appearing after only 6 months of the spotlights being...has anyone had any problem with theirs as of yet?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Pity you've gone and bought original ones. They're not good. I've had to replace two from four and now notice the last two originals need replacing, also due to corrosion. Bizarrely enough inside the lens rather than around the outside.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

dougie_dfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Pity you've gone and bought original ones. They're not good. I've had to replace two from four and now notice the last two originals need replacing, also due to corrosion. Bizarrely enough inside the lens rather than around the outside.
    thats not the best!
    how long did yours last before you had to replace them?
    have you replaced them with minis own ones or gone for a different option this time?
    don't want to get them then all of a sudden i need to keep buying replacements

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    My BMW ones always rusted, i got fed up and decided on Hella's supplied by Mikey at newministuff.
    They are larger than the standard size and not to everyones taste, much more expensive too.
    Cause i had 4 spots i got a stainless spotlight bar that fitted onto the bumper mounts and means no modding through the grilles

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Hella's supplied by Mikey at newministuff.
    They are larger than the standard size and not to everyones taste, much more expensive too.
    Cause i had 4 spots i got a stainless spotlight bar that fitted onto the bumper mounts and means no modding through the grilles
    You got any pics of your Hella spots ?

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination