Insurance Time

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hi, it's the dreaded insurance time again, best i can get for my car including all mods is £633.89, is this reasonable compared to others??

This includes a claim in 2002

Julz
    It sounds ok for all your mods covered, I'm £890, with everything covered, parked on the street and I'm 24!! I'm with Adrian Flux if that's any help!! Rob is with Admiral, and he's £690!!

Try confused.com if you haven't already, this usually saves a bit of farting about and it is quite good!!

Wul
    Bonnie - sounds ok to me too

MCS Chilli, 28, 5yrs NCD, no convictions (hugs tree), Business Use, Fully Comp with courtesy car cover £650ish with Priviledge.

Fontal
    I'm not even close to that they want £879 for my one up here in Shetland (the last time a car got nicked up here it was returned with a full tank of fuel and a thank you note and that was in the eighties) thats with adrian flux :(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Adrian Flux were almost £900 for me most won't touch me for the mods, hi-fi is uninsurable, confused.com working away as we speak for the best.
    Direct line & eSure etc won't quote

Looks like sticking with my current insurer :)

Julz
    I tried confused.com to get an idea of insurance for an Evo, I got 20 replies, they all said 'we do not insure imported cars'!!:mad:

As for Adrian Flux, they're the only ones that would insure the engine upgrade for me!! Try Performance Direct, I was with them for years and they were quite good, until they said I was too young for such an upgrade in power:mad::mad::mad:

And Wul, your insurance sounds a bit hefty, keep in mind that mine covers kit, stereo, exhaust, BBR conversion etc etc.......... with the car valued at £25k!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I would be £510 for my S if it was standard with my existing insurers :) well, add in the alloys etc, still, it's very expensive, especially when i could insure a brand new M3 for £686, watch this space

Wul
    Julz - yeh - that was based on my upgrade 3/4 way through the policy I had on my coop - come july the phone will be burning up!

Fontal
    quote:Originally posted by Fontal

I'm not even close to that they want £879 for my one up here in Shetland (the last time a car got nicked up here it was returned with a full tank of fuel and a thank you note and that was in the eighties) thats with adrian flux :(
    Having said this I have just been on confused.com and they have found that Elephant can do £515 are Elephant any good:question:

macblob
    Watch out for elephant on covering the mods frontal , im sure its them ive heard stories about only covering the standard car so the standard car is all you would get back from them