http://www.granitecityrally.org.uk/

here is all the info for this weekend if anyone wants to come along

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    :( I'm offshore working or i would have been there :(

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
    Sorry John - we're away camping for the weekend. Do you know if you're participating in any more yet?

Moorf
    Having watched on telly but never attended a rally I'd love to go but unfortunately we're off to Ullapool for a short trip (!!!!!) this weekend to run the car in

John, do you drive in them yourself?

Hoping to go with a mate to a rally in Dumfries/Galloway later this year - if you're interested he runs a website called Special Stages which deals with all things rally... www.specialstages.com - he gave up working on the oilrigs to start it up recently and it's good - thought it might be of interest. He's also mad keen on rallying!

Laters
    Moorf

Fontal
    Good luck John, have a blast and remember to hold on

Richard

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Sorry John - we're away camping for the weekend. Do you know if you're participating in any more yet?

If the car survives then we will do the rest of the Scottish champoinship and if not then I have a possible seat with Alan Keith in the Jim Clark rally for the Cooper challenge (Alan won both races at Knockhill last week and has not lost a race in 2 1/2 years:))

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by Moorf

Having watched on telly but never attended a rally I'd love to go but unfortunately we're off to Ullapool for a short trip (!!!!!) this weekend to run the car in

John, do you drive in them yourself?

Hoping to go with a mate to a rally in Dumfries/Galloway later this year - if you're interested he runs a website called Special Stages which deals with all things rally... www.specialstages.com - he gave up working on the oilrigs to start it up recently and it's good - thought it might be of interest. He's also mad keen on rallying!

Laters
    Moorf
    I am navigating at the moment cos I dont have a rally car anymore:dead:

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    OK so this is how things went................

Friday night,Scrutineering No problemsand looking forward to Saturday.

Saturday,on the way to the start Mike gave the car its first wee thrash with Brian in the hot seat:dead:Clouds of smoke and the engine was throwing as much oil out of the breather as it could,we took off the cam cover to find that the baffle plate had been fitted the wrong way round (so much for a professional rebuild)

Drama over and its off to the starting point.

Left TC1 and headed for the first forrest stage,and only 1 mile from the start the front brakes started to bind and locked up.

Opened a brake union to let out the pressure could not find a fault and off we went again.

Arrived at the first stage and had a good run through the forrest without a hitch,
    Arrived at the second stage to find that there was a delay due to a Subaru catching fire and setting the forrest alight
    After about 1 hour delay stage 2 was cancelled:mad:

we were all told to go back to the service area,I called Brian to let him know we were on our way and to get the Mars bars out

We were coming through Auchenblae at about 20mph and as mike changed gear the box decided that 2 gears at a time would be a good idea so we went from 20mph to zero in a nanoo second:disapprove:

I removed the top of the gearbox and got it back into nuteral but that was the end of first and second gear:dead:

From then on we pulled away and drove mostly in third (the gearbox was £1500 and brand new)
    We needed a bit of a push to get away at the start of stage 3 due to it being an uphill start in 3rd gear,all in all stage 3 was quite good and then on to stage 4 where we only got about 300 yards into the stage when the clutch said excuse me boys but this third gear stuff is not good and I have had enough.
    So the clutch had the final word and we retired.

we were then towed back to Aberdeen for much beers

So onwards and upwards we hope:)

Fontal
    Well it was a nova
    Sorry to here that still at least it wasn't either of your faults and you got longer in the bar to contemplate what might have been
    So will it be a rebuild or are you changing cars?

Julz
    John, make it easier on yourself and tell us which bit of the car didn't go on strike!! Well, at least you didn't go on fire (funny that, my dads subaru went on fire too and burnt the garage):evil:
    Good luck for the next stage!!