Craig's New Year Challenge

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Ok folks, hoping that by putting this here, it will motivate me enough to get to my goal...

I am using a mixture of eating better, getting more exercise and less to try and loose some weight as I am now at the heaviest I have ever been.

Currently at 141kg (22.2 Stones) I am actually quite shocked as I had no idea I had got to that weight, so I will be updating my progress on here hopefully weekly... (I will be using my wii fit to give me my weights, it's not the most accurate, but should still tell me the differences)

My first goal is to loose a stone and then go from there... I really want to be down about 17/18 Stone, but one step at a time... Also hoping that this may help with my general health and maybe get back to playing five a side.

Here goes....

Update Friday 16th Jan.
    lost 3 pounds to date mostly due to a change in eating habits. Done a bit of exercise but being busy at work is really causing problems... Hopefully get some more in this week, but working this weekend... Gonna keep at it tho...

6th May - Started Weight Loss and Exercise Class. Put on detox diet. Weighed at 21st 11 and half

13th May - First full week of detox complete - getting more meat back in diet (Chicken, Beef, Pork and Lamb). Weighed at 21st 4 and half

20th May - 2nd Weigh in - 20st 11 and half which is a total of 1 Stone lost in 2 weeks... Also started back playing five a sides this week

27th May - 3rd Weigh in - 20st 7 and 3 quarter pounds, so still going in the right direction. Five a sides are actually becoming enjoyable now as I can run around more.. Diet still unchanged since 13th May, however we are getting more foods back this wed.

3rd June - 4th Weigh in - 20 st 2 and 3 quarter pounds. try to go under 20 st by next week. Only 2 weeks left of this plan.... :-)

12th June - 19st 9lbs.

19th June - 19st 6lbs.

3rd July - 19st 4lbs.

mini saltire
    Well Done Craig. Go for it! Apparently Rivetta helps....

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    Well Done Craig. Go for it! Apparently Rivetta helps....
    As do vegetables, nae fat = free food

I take my hat off to you oh fellow 'stout' one. I too have a certain goal in that I have a certain item of clothing that I would like to wear to MINI UTD. Right now I am too 'fiert' to try so........................I too have work to do

It can be done, I've done it before (fairly easily lost 3st in 4 months) & if I can give up smoking (yuk!!) I can do this again .
    Apparently it's all about motivation, self control & will power (or so they say )

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Good on ya big guy
    I'm trying to talk my work into adopting the 'Bike to Work' scheme so I can get myself a nice new racer and cycle to my work during the "better" weather
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

The Dogfather
    I'm also trying to loose a few pounds. I'm looking to set myself a goal relating walking up and down English mountains (Hills) because if I complete the mountain challenge I'll have lost the 2 stone I need to.

Good luck Craig!

euan
    Fair play to anyone who wants to lose weight!

I wanted to lose some for the wedding last year, managed it but I hit a level that wouldn't shift - that's when the really hard work came in! You should find that eating sensibly and not drinking much really helps, exercise on top of that makes a massive difference. I found taking my own food into work meant I saved cash and only ate what I'd taken, which meant I wasn't tempted by the chocolate all the time!

Exercise wise, I went for it big style. Loads of time in the gym, road running, cycling, but the main thing that helps loose weight (or at least in my case) was weights. As you lift weight, you build muscle and this needs energy - so you burn more calories. You can spend weeks on a treadmill but if you lift the odd weight you'll burn it faster. Doesn't need to much - even using tins of beans is a start!

If you want some specifics let me know, as I've managed to keep it up since the wedding (well, put on 4 pounds, but that still means I'm under what i was for a long time and I'm still only 68kg now).

Oh and if you want a real killer, look up "the plank" That will give your abs a better workout than anything you've ever done - the results are amazing. It looks easy but if you do it a few times a week you'll feel the muscle getting stronger all the time, which strengthens your back and as the weight comes off, looks better!

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Nice one man. I'm trying to do the same thing. Lose a bit of weight and eat healthier.

You could also try taking up a sport, especially if you're not gym person. I did and it's better than any gym for me, good bunch of guys, banter and excercise. So it social as well as keeping/getting fit.

Good luck/

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    thanks for the support guys - really appreciate it..

not a gym guy, been there done that and not a fan... as for sport, up to a year ago, I was playing fives about 3 times a week... but after a chest infection i just couldn't do it...

it's going to be a struggle at first, but hopefully within a few months I will see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel..

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Started something similar last May.. gym twice a week, Badminton twice a week and cycling once or twice a week for between 10 and 20 miles. Down side was that I did start eating more but i was trying to keep it healthier!
    Right enough tho, the first bit is the easy bit, then it gets harder. Started doing a few more weights and stuff at the gym, I need to find something that'll motivate me like the kickboxing used to. that DEFINITELY helped!
    (the eye candy at the uni gym helps a bit too )
    Time to start again after the holidays again, but I think it'll have to wait till Thursday after Badminton.. I'm still too shellshocked today after starting back to work!

Stick in there big man, it'll get easier!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Good on you.

Im am also trying to loose weight now. Perhaps we should all post up our weekly results as that may keep us more motivated.