First customer response

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Our insurance for the R53 JCW was coming up before Chris Knott came on board, but Alan (The Gismo Man) gave me Tim's details and suggested I give him a call and see what he can do.

As most of you (NMS Members) know there's hardly a single MINI out there that hasn't been modified. Chili pack, bonnet stripes, optional extra wheels, almost anything makes your car "modified". The majority of the web sites - even the "we check 4 billion other sites for you" web sites are useless at being able to explain that if you add "go faster" stripes it doesn't actually make your car go any faster. So the only other option was to call some of them, on the basis that you are talking to a human and you can explain what modifications you have on your car. Even this is hit or miss. I spent 20 minutes trying to convince an Elephant that my car really DOES have a JCW kit on it and it IS an automatic transmission. He was arguing black is white with me that it's not possible to have a JCW AND and AUTO on the same car. Gave up.

Called Tim Slater at Chris Knott. He passed me on to one of his colleagues who took all my car details, knew what I was talking about, didn't argue that the car on my driveway can't exist and ended up giving me a reasonably competitive quote. it wasn't groundbreakingly cheaper, but at least I know I'm covered, all the "mods" are included and the guy didn't argue with me.

It's a bit like any other shopping experience these days.... Tesco, ADSA, Morrisons etc., are all fine and well. But sometimes you want to visit the butcher or the fishmonger for some good old fashioned customer service and common sense. That's where Chris Knott came into it for us.

Recommended!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I use Chris Knott. Think I posted about them a while back.

here is the link to to my post.
    http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/for...ghlight=chris+

I went through mytreg.com
    Last edited by Scottie; 17th December 2008 at 07:42 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Cool, good to have another alternative. I've used Sky Insurance for a few years for my old GT4 and now for the S, not the cheapest but you get peace of mind knowing everything's covered and legal.

it's Zurich Chris Knott have me insured with for the Mini.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    We're with Highway, which I believe is part of L & V.

A.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Wonder what there best quote for Ross in a Subaru RB320 would be.....
    Probably along the lines of >>
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Tim@ChrisKnott
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Our insurance for the R53 JCW was coming up before Chris Knott came on board, but Alan (The Gismo Man) gave me Tim's details and suggested I give him a call and see what he can do.

As most of you (NMS Members) know there's hardly a single MINI out there that hasn't been modified. Chili pack, bonnet stripes, optional extra wheels, almost anything makes your car "modified". The majority of the web sites - even the "we check 4 billion other sites for you" web sites are useless at being able to explain that if you add "go faster" stripes it doesn't actually make your car go any faster. So the only other option was to call some of them, on the basis that you are talking to a human and you can explain what modifications you have on your car. Even this is hit or miss. I spent 20 minutes trying to convince an Elephant that my car really DOES have a JCW kit on it and it IS an automatic transmission. He was arguing black is white with me that it's not possible to have a JCW AND and AUTO on the same car. Gave up.

Called Tim Slater at Chris Knott. He passed me on to one of his colleagues who took all my car details, knew what I was talking about, didn't argue that the car on my driveway can't exist and ended up giving me a reasonably competitive quote. it wasn't groundbreakingly cheaper, but at least I know I'm covered, all the "mods" are included and the guy didn't argue with me.

It's a bit like any other shopping experience these days.... Tesco, ADSA, Morrisons etc., are all fine and well. But sometimes you want to visit the butcher or the fishmonger for some good old fashioned customer service and common sense. That's where Chris Knott came into it for us.

Recommended!

A.
    Glad we could be of service!

N12 JLK
    May try them next time.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Ok. I've just tried them. My quote for renewal from Admiral is £425.06. I went through everything with CK on the phone and got a quote for £404.99. The problem is it doesn't cover personal accident up to £30,000 only £5,000 but it does cover the modification and will pay for them to be replaced or fixed. Admiral won't cover them but are happy for them to be on and will pay personal accident up tp £30,000. Take off the £30,000 PA from Admiral and their standard is £5,000 and the price goes down to £396.

So £396 for Admiral without cover on mods and only £5,000 PA cover, £425 with the £30,000 PA cover.

or

£404.06 with CK and Highway, mods covered and only £5,000 PA cover.

What do you guys think? There were great to deal with over the phone despite how many questions I asked, lol.

Oh I should mention that I got a letter saying I have been caught speeding. I have sent my details off but it's been over 2 weeks and nothing back. Admiral say I have to declare I have an SP30 even though I don't yet, but I can back date and claim back in 6 months if nothing happens. CK say I have to say nothing until I here back if I get points and I won't make a difference until renewal date. Does this sound right?

Car
    Ferengo, as far as the price/cover issues go, that's a judgement call only you can make. Not very helpful I guess.

As for declaring the speeding. I seem to recall whenever I'm looking for insurance they ask if I have any convictions on my licence. When I say no, they ask if there are any pending. So I guess that would fall in the pending bracket. But if CK specifically told you you don't need to declare, then I would go with CK, because if you go with Admiral and you have to declare that will add a hell of a lot to the policy.

A.