Foam Lance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    moraymini
    I am thinking of buying a pressure washer.............what is best and what is foam lance and snow foam?

Rob

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I don't what about best, but I have always used a karcher and never had a problem with it. Does a great job for me...

would love a hot pressure washer (diesel powered) but they can be very expensive and a bit of a gadget for me..

As for foam lance - I am getting one from the big fat red man in 4 weeks time with PH Neutral Snow Foam, so once I have it, I'll let you know.

S7JGW
    I have a Karcher pressure washer and the Autobrite foam lance,
    never had any probelms and gives good foam.
    If you get a lance try and get one with a plastic connector for the lance, as they (used to anyway) come with brass ones and they stick on and are tight to move.
    Jim

moraymini
    TY Guys helpful as always.

GP BILLY
    Here you go.....

Foam lance click here

Polished Bliss
    Unit 7, Craigearn Business Park
    Morrison Way, Kintore
    AB51 0TH
    United Kingdom

N12 JLK
    I have just bought a Kew washer, pick it up from my work tomorrow,got it for a very good price with a foam bottle. Will come in very handy this winter taking the salt of the cars before washing.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by N12 JLK View Post
    I have just bought a Kew washer, pick it up from my work tomorrow,got it for a very good price with a foam bottle. Will come in very handy this winter taking the salt of the cars before washing.
    J, I'm sure your one will be fine, but I had a Kew and the gears stripped in it about 30 seconds after the warranty ran out. Had Karchers in the past and they last for years.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 GP
    Anyone know a good foaming product to use?

Currently I am using Meguiars Hyper Wash in which imo doesn't seem to do much work when taking salt etc off. I used it on my mums white car and there was still the same amount of dirt/residue etc. Not that I am a foam expert just curious if everyone achieves the same results.

Thanks

S7JGW
    I currently use a mix of Supa Snow foam and Hyper wash in the bottle when im foamin. Seems to work ok with me.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by N12 JLK View Post
    Jason the gun that comes with it wont be a foam lance as such. Its just a bottle that throws the chemicals out in a soapy fashion.
    If you want a nice blanket of foam that clings to the car you will need an actual 'Foam Gun' such as the one that polished bliss sell. Just make sure that the connections are supported by your washer manufacturer.

Foam guns are not intented on completely cleaning the car but instead they are designed to help remove the initial dirt before you set about washing, thus reducing the risk of creating swirls, plus its a good spectacle for the neighbours to look at.