What do you use unleaded or super unleaded?

View Poll Results: What do you use..

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unleaded

15 44.12%
  • Super Unleaded

17 50.00%
  • Diesel

2 5.88%
  • Super Diesel

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Out of curiosity I was wondering what people filled there cars with.

I have filled mine with Super unleaded since I got it so I cant say if there is a difference between them.

Has anyone noticed a difference in MPG or any change it the way your car drives? Basically your thoughts and experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

euan
    I used to mix it up on my S, mainly used unleaded but did fill up with super every now and again - this was when it was cheap though! In terms of difference - it felt pretty marginal but it did feel smoother.

I notice more of a difference now in the 3 series - I get more MPG (I have a spreadsheet - it's very sad) than unleaded, but it works about the same as unleaded in overall cost per mile.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I use normal unleaded in my current coop.

When I had my 2 S's, I dabbled with Super Unleaded in both and really could not tell any difference.... I think if the car is modified, then you may feel the difference, but as Euan says, even if you get better mpg, then the cost per mile works out about the same. I certainly couldn't say that the super stuff gave me any extra power..

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Always use the super stuff, can't compare

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Good post SJ. I've added a poll. Made it a multiple choice poll too, for those who own a Diesel can as well as a petrol car.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Good post SJ. I've added a poll. Made it a multiple choice poll too, for those who own a Diesel can as well as a petrol car.

A.
    would it not be prudent to spell diesel right in the poll and maybe to put Super Diesel as an option (ie VPower Diesel).

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    would it not be prudent to spell diesel right in the poll and maybe to put Super Diesel as an option (ie VPower Diesel).
    Some folk.

Diesel is spelt right. It's you that cannae read right.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

S7JGW
    I put in Super if it available as seems to make a slight difference.
    I generaly notice more of a difference when i go back to normal Unleaded after using Super.

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    I use Super in my road car, but only cos the manufacturer says this is what I should use. I have had to put the 'odd' tank of normal in but if I have to I throw in some octane booster. I think the main improvement is it will burn cleaner with less impurities so keep the working parts of the engine cleaner, (am I right? I'm no expert... so feel free to correct me any1). Dont really notice much in the way of performance to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post

A.
    Thanks, its a question that has been bugging me making me wonder if I am wasting my money on the super unleaded.

There is a site called petrolprices.com which tells you the cheapest places to fill up near your house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]