Italian Job remake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M
    And I absolutely 'HATE' that self preservation society song :evil::dead:
    Willie - I bet the reason you hate the self preservation society song is because of it's links with English Football Fans etc (sorry to all the southeners reading this!) but i've lost count how many times i've watched the film and i loved it before the tune was hijacked by the English fans - just like the great escape tune - a classic un-mistakeable tune now ruined by it's association with the English team - (sorry again!)

But the Italian Job like bullet and french connection all paved the way for the standard of car chase scenes in the likes of ronin etc.

I'm going to see the new film to enjoy the cars not the script! as that's the real reason i love the original too!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

I'm still in a huff about them attempting to remake such a classic film... while removing the key elements!

I too think the film is a classic and should have been left alone.

BUT life is too short to huff about it Rob.

I will go and see the new film when it comes out:)

lightbody
    I don't think the original is actually a particularly good film in terms of film making, but it is a classic of its age. Michael Caine is fantastic in it (despite terrible acting!) and if you get into the whole frame of mind of GREAT Britain poking fun at the Italians all set in the fantastic 60s it really works.
    The DVD re-release is superb with lots of nice extras. That opening sequence with the Muira climbing up through the Alps(?) is stunning and always makes me want to go for a drive!

Linda M
    Just to wind everyone up......I can't wait for the YANKEE HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER version :evil::approve:

Julz
    Well, I hate the Italian Job cause it cost me a fortune!!! My dad made me watch it when I was little, and since then I've dreamt of owning a cooper s, the rest is history!!

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

And I absolutely 'HATE' that self preservation society song :evil::dead:
    Willie - I bet the reason you hate the self preservation society song is because of it's links with English Football Fans etc (sorry to all the southeners reading this!)
    No, nothing like that Wul. To be honest I didn't know the English football fans used the 'SPS' song, certainly aware of 'Great Escape' though.

I'm afraid, for me, it's just one of those songs that crawl right under my skin and make me cringe :dead: A bit like S Club 7 if you like Sorry Satelite
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Wul
    I'm afraid, for me, it's just one of those songs that crawl right under my skin and make me cringe :dead: A bit like S Club 7 if you like Sorry Satelite
    For me the song that does that is Suvivor - Eye of the Tiger!

Anyway - we'd better get this thread back on track - anyone know when the UK release of TIJ is?

duncan
    [I'm afraid, for me, it's just one of those songs that crawl right under my skin and make me cringe :dead: A bit like S Club 7 if you like Sorry Satelite
    What do they're songs sound like? I just watch the videos!