$65 a barrel and we're still paying £1/L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    It's nothing short of criminal.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Oil is sold on the futures market so the price at the pump will lag about 4/5 weeks.
    There still robbing us blind at the pump.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    OPEC are talking about reducing output so it may all go back up again
    Morrisons in Stirling were selling unleaded at 97.5 this morning.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    What bugs me is the difference between pertol and diesel seems to be growing It used to be about 5 or 6p of a difference but its more like 10 or 11p now
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    96.9 at asda, rumoured to drop to 94.9 over the next few days, still shocking though :(
    Last edited by Knox18; 24th October 2008 at 12:35 PM.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
    Oil is sold on the futures market so the price at the pump will lag about 4/5 weeks.
    There still robbing us blind at the pump.
    Didn't know oil was on the futures market.

But that doesn't explain why when the price per barrel goes up sharply, the price is reflected within hours at the pumps.

But it's like your Mortgage payments.....

When the interest rate goes up, there's a letter on your doorstep the next day saying your payment is going up immediately.

When the interest rate goes down, it takes the 2 or 3 weeks to get a letter out, and then the drop in payment is usually "effective from your next payement".

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Unleaded is 95.9 at Fordel services on the A68.

I'm at my work so can't type much but most retail sites are priced on platts it's just not as simple as all that but your right I would have passed the benefit on by now to the retail sites.
    Cooper Coupe...

euan
    www.petrolprices.com tells you the nearest cheapest petrol stations to you - sign up for the newsletter and you'll soon see where the nearest cheap ones are.

Opec's role is to try and maintain a stable price (ie, artificially high) to keep making the oil companies and oil nations a healthy profit. One of their aims is "looking after the Organizations interests", which is never going to help the end consumer anyway.

Oil companies are in the futures game, but as Scottie says, they should have been passing it on by now. But it's these blips where they can make money, and as such gain a better share price by having good profits come quarter end.

Doesn't help us though...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I hear OPEC have agreed to cut supply so prices could be going back up again folks