Help!! V5

stephgolding
    Hey guys..

Small problem.. bought my car at the beginning of June this year and still havent received the V5 documents. I have had a tax reminder - so the DVLA have me on the system but dont i need the V5 to tax the mini!?

Arghhh im sooo confused. I hate all the paperwork malarky.

Can anyone help?

Think you should still be able to tax it online. Just have to enter the reference number on the reminder.

Not sure how it would work going into a post office though.

stephgolding
    oh ok. Sounds good. i'll give it a go when i get home.

Thanks. Im kinda knew to all this :)

No problem. Always use the online service now. Very simple and straightforward. Plus no getting down to your local post office then realising you don't have your insurance schedule or soemthing.

Tax disc usually arrives within about 3 days.

stephgolding
    Only problem would be the 1st box:

I am the registered keeper of the vehicle. I have the V5C Registration Certificate (Log Book) and the address on it is correct. YES NO

oh man im confused. i'll give them a phone at lunchtime!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    as he says, just do it online providing the car is insured and taxed then no problems

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    When taxing a car at the post office, you don't need the V5 if you have the official renewal form from DVLA. But you'll still need a valid certificate of insurance and MOT certificate if applicable.

However, a quick call to your local DVLA office is deffo required if you don;t have your V5 yet. Either it's got lost in Royal Mail somewhere, or someone has stolen it and is using it for themselves.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto