Fault code reading... by post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C.Noble
    I have just bought myself another couple of code readers (one being BMWs engineering tool cos my old GT1 has died ) and re-invested in more diag equipment.

Anyway, as a result I have a very simple eOBD fault code reader that is surplus to requirements. I was wondering what to do with this (not worth much to sell) when I suddenly had an idea, since the nice people of NMS are such trustworthy souls , I thought I would make available to any of you guys who ever have the engine fault light illuminate on your MINI (or anything else made after 2001) to "borrow" so you can read/erase your fault codes.

Anyone who would like to borrow this tool, just PM me your address and I will mail it out to you.

It is REALLY easy to use, no button pushing or "wire jumping" needed, just plug it in, record 4 numbers displayed, unplug it again, my 7 yr old nephew could use it (at a push, even Mark Dryden could use it!!! ). It is IMPOSSIBLE to do damage to anything with this tool, and will not affect any warranties.

Once you have the code, you can either google it, or as I have said before, I would be happy to explain what the fault code means to anyone who asks.

When your done, just pop it back in the post to me.

On average, independants charge around £50-60 for a fault code read.

I am not looking for any payment for this, and I would hope no one else would think to make profit off of this service, although including an extra couple of stamps when returned would be nice to cover the cost of postage for its next use.

Craig.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Craig........you're the man That's a great idea
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Forbes
    Good to see the sharing spirit lives on...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Craig,

Top Idea. What a Gent.

<and you are right about that Dryden one with technology....>

I would say that if some of you out there do use this service that has been very kindly offered by Craig - PLEASE be nice enough to return it in one piece and as soon as you can...

euan
    Would you be able to use this to determine what settings your key car set? Such as holding the open button to open windows and the like? Or do you need the full diagnostic?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Very nice gesture
    I would highly recommend registered post as well

C.Noble
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Would you be able to use this to determine what settings your key car set? Such as holding the open button to open windows and the like? Or do you need the full diagnostic?
    No, sorry.

Its just an engine managment fault code reader and eraser, cant do ABS, SRS, BC1, etc.

You would need GT1 or InPa for that. And I aint sending them in the post !

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    This is a great offer and very kind indeed.

Well done that man.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Top Job!
    That's a great offer! Nice one that man!

Have yourself an internet Cookie!

lowrider
    Top marks. appreciated. I might just take you up on the offer to find out the fault code of my emissions light even though it has gone out.