Discounting the Mini

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    With the car market in a hell of a slump do you think BMW will start to discount the list prices on new cars?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Can't see it happening but hey you never know:eyes up:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Our friends son works for Land Rover and he was telling me last week that there sales target for last month was 72 units
    Guess how many they sold..................................16 and that included 2 being registered for two of the sales guys company cars so they really only sold 14 trucks
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    nope, never going to happen, however they have decided to reduce trade-in values because of the current market etc....

seems like a WIN WIN for MINI and LOSE LOSE for the customer... Just MINI getting to make bigger profits...

I have a hunch that you will see MINI Dealers introduce pre registered cars with discount.

I think you will already see a discount of up to £1000+ on news cars already built and sitting on the forecourt.

I think the sales of MINI are down and you will be able to spec and build a car that will arrive at the dealers with 3 weeks.

I think they introduce packages like free TLC and other typical"Citroen" type incentives like free insurance free petrol etc etc.

Finally I think they will have to start offering better and more realistic trade in values to get a new car sold in the past MINI Dealers have had it all their own way but not any longer.
    Cooper Coupe...

N12 JLK
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    Finally I think they will have to start offering better and more realistic trade in values to get a new car sold in the past MINI Dealers have had it all their own way but not any longer.
    Going by the recent trade in value we were given they are getting much worse.

Will probably keep the car if the trade in does not improve so they will lose a sale. Vicious circle..

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    I think they introduce packages like free TLC and other typical"Citroen" type incentives like free insurance free petrol etc etc.
    Really? I can't seem them do that kind of offers - it's not a BMW trick as it's seen as a premium product.

I can see them doing pre-registration, although it's likely to be dealer initiated, and the trade-in values will most definitely take a hiding.

mikeythemini
    It is possible to get discounts on the clubman as its not selling
    Bmw's - you can get £2.5k off a 1 series

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Trade in values are all down to the individual dealer and what they think your car will sell for and how quickly it will sell, they dont want it sitting about on the fourcourt depreciating every month as they in turn need to drop its price plus they take into account what the reconditioning costs will be and then remember that there is VAT to go on top. Bearing in mind that is only if its a BMW or a MINI that they are able to retail on the fourcourt. Otherwise they get another trader to underwrite the car. My mate is a trader and underwrites cars for many of the big main dealers and he is getting them for way way behind book due to the current market trend. He is having to sell them for less than retail book though in order to get a deal. So sometimes its not the MINI dealers fault if they offer a crappy trade in price although they surely have a wee bit of room to over allow on the trade in price, particularly if they want to get sales up.

I have noticed several local dealers are offering the TLC for free now and on used MINIs ther are 0% finance deals.

Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Really? I can't seem them do that kind of offers - it's not a BMW trick as it's seen as a premium product.

I can see them doing pre-registration, although it's likely to be dealer initiated, and the trade-in values will most definitely take a hiding.

sorry should have said dealer. I know of one offering TLC for free and £250 free fuel.
    Cooper Coupe...