Stonechip

Steve74
    Just got a new windscreen fitted and last Sunday on the Hadrians Wall run got a big stonechip right in the middle of the windscreen which is only 2 weeks old! There is no crack just a tiny pit on the glass. Does anyone have any experience of getting these repaired and if so does Autoglass do it?

john-apex
    Steve
    Try Steve at Budget Windscreens he should be able to help you mate.

Julz
    Even try asking your dealer, I think they can repair chips that are smaller than a £1 coin for £40 or something like that!!:)

Steve74
    Cool, will try when I get back to Scotland

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Steve, I've had the windscreen repaired on the Mondeo and its painless (and free if you have windscreen cover on your insurance) Takes about 1/2 hr. They attach a thingimybob to the screen and inject some form of see through resin into the crack then polish it smooth when its set. Makes quite a good job. You still see the chip but the glass is smooth to the touch. :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Steve74
    Big Gordy - there's no crack, just a chip - would that fix work too for this prob?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Yeh it was a chip not a crack :I They attach a tripod contraption with suckers onto the screen and connect it to some form of pump (I think :blackeye:) It fills in the crack and they shave the extra off with a razor blade. You still see the chip but its as smoooooooth as a babys botty on the outside. Saves forking out 50 quid excess on a new screen. It all depends where on the screen the chip is I suppose If it was right in you line of vision all the time I think I would get a new screen :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Steve74
    Its just a wee chip so could live with it no prob I think. Its also free as I've got Mini Cover!!