Ipod interface

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lowrider
    Ipod interface

I have a 2002 cooper and want to know if I can fit the i pod interface from the dealer to my boost stereo. Are there any aftermarket cables I could use which might be cheaper than dealer prices.
    Finally what should I expect to pay dealer prices/aftermarket.

Thanks in advance, Ag.
    United Kingdom Thanks Edit/Delete Message

Forbes
    I use a iTrip now which i think is great. I bought it for £30 from Asda and cant fault it. Also i still have tape deck in the car, so you get tapes which plug in, again don't know if you want that.

lowrider
    I found that Halfords for £80 fitted
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryrn_107169

but I would have to buy the bluetooth adapter. Any Idea where I could get this from ?

A friend has a nifty little plug in for his touch which picks up the ipod signal on an fm frequency. Haven't heard it in action yet but am going to try it out next week as he says its great. Does anyone use one?
    I take it that hard wire is always best ?

Found this it plugs into the cigarette lighter though

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=223396

I like the idea of adding bluetooth module need to cost it though.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by 0004BES View Post
    I use a iTrip now which i think is great. I bought it for £30 from Asda and cant fault it. Also i still have tape deck in the car, so you get tapes which plug in, again don't know if you want that.
    The iTrip is the thing that works over the fm frequency.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Cooper D Clubman...
    I use the Harman Kardon drive and play...

Was an awesome bargain, it also comes with an adaptor to use the fm on the radio...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARMAN-KARDON-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I have my Ipod stashed under the front seat, and it gives you full control from the thumb control knob...

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    The iTrip is the thing that works over the fm frequency.
    It is. I found it works well, but i paid more to get a better quality one

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Cooper D Clubman...
    I use the Harman Kardon drive and play...

Was an awesome bargain, it also comes with an adaptor to use the fm on the radio...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARMAN-KARDON-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I have my Ipod stashed under the front seat, and it gives you full control from the thumb control knob...

lowrider
    that looks great. Did you buy it from the e bay link ? I might buy it just now until I can get the gateway 100 with a Bluetooth module. I should be able to get the kit for £100.++fitting just need to wait bit pricey having just bought the mini !

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If you're considering spending as much as that, why don't you ask mikeythemini for a price for a new headunit and an iPod adaptor, one that will give you full function with the steering wheel controls.
    Kenwoods are very good

lowrider
    Steering wheel controls is about the only goody my car does not have !
    I want to keep oe spec. I called the minishop to enquire about the gateway 100 and the guy said they are bringing out a new model with voice command due next spring. I am going to put off until then and might look at the Harmon Kardon option in the meantime as I bought the groover traveller from Maplin and it has a fixed plug on the back and does'nt suit.Hope they take it back as i have opened it as I thought there would be a cable adapter.

Retyrned the Maplin jobbie and have just ordered the Harmon Kardon Plug + Play looks like a bargain has just been had ! Cheers Saltire
    Last edited by lowrider; 30th September 2008 at 12:16 PM.