Ftp server problem.

Starky
    I was trying to set up a web page to show some mini pics. and downloaded some free ftp software but can't seem to upload them onto my web page although according to the software this task has been done. Being a relative "newbie" to the computer can any of you technophobes out there suggest anything, cheers guys.:question:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    hmmm...
    I dunno... check that you specified the web address correctly, you got the host name and password *exactly* spot on....
    What software did you use?
    I normally use WS-FTP you can get a free version from www.download.com
    What ISP are you with for your webspace??

Feel free to email me some questions if you like

Starky
    L'n'L, tried downloading WS-FTP from ur link but my computer crashed so I'm going to try something else, it felt a bit weird making out i was still at college anyhow, thanks anyway bud.

garywatt
    Starsky

CuteFTP is pretty good but the one you downloaded should work also.

What error message are you getting when you type the URL?
    You have to ensure that the URL is typed as per what you uploaded........CAPITALS should be CAPITALS and lowercase all lowercase.

Check all.

Cheers

Gary Watt

Starky
    Thanks gary, that's just the thing, i'm not getting an error message, the software seems to connect ok to my ISP and appears to accept my username + password and shows the files transfered in the window that I have sent (drag 'n' drop), my web page just aint updating. I might try out another software Co.

minidriver#1
    hmmm, i bet you're uploading your files to a test area of your server, not the actual live area make sure you are uploading your files into the proper directory. Who are you hosted with?

Starky
    Souds plausable KJ, Blueyonder dial up, how long does it take normally to update ur web page?

minidriver#1
    i'm on broadband and my server is instantaneous, i'm hosted with Easily.co.uk. i have 7 sites hosted with them and never had any problems :)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Starky - is your site actually hosted on your Blueyonder web space?

Starky
    It's on www.jbfstark.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk, I've still got to download some new ftp software yet.