Handling problems

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    What your explaining still sounds like your tyres are over inflated to me If they're set at 2.2 bar/32psi which is the correct pressure then I don't understand it Try dropping the pressure down to 2.1bar/30psi and see how it feels is the only thing left I can suggest
    I've got a set of 15" steelies I use in the winter and they have those Michelin energy non runflats you have and I don't have any of issues your experiencing...........weird
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    Any advice as to what else it could be? Any of you mini drivers in or near Dundee and want to see what you maybe think of it in the flesh?
    Maybe Burple(Euan) or Zimbo(Ali) can have a shot and see what they thing as they're both Dundonians (well they stay there anyway)
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    They checked the preasure and said it was all fine. Will ask both Burple and Zimbo, but I know Zimbo is moving soon so he may be busy. Cheers.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Might be worth someone else driving it, make sure the insurance side is covered

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    make sure the insurance side is covered
    If the handlings as bad as he says it is thats a VERY good idea

C.Noble
    Can you get the car to me some evening next week? I will have a look at the set up if you like, can even check the geometry if needed.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Burple took a look at it tonight (Cheers again dude ). He drove it and he thought it was ok. It did slip a bit but that was going round and round a roundabout so it's a given. Guess I will jsut have to put it down to difference in tread, preasure and maybe component rubber from my last set. I may have to deflate the tyres slightly until it feels the same.

Am looking at getting some white 17 bullets soon, so will see if that makes a difference. Also ordered a JCW strut brace to see if it makes any change to the way it corners.

Thanks for your help guys. At least I know I had the tyres way too flat to begin with and it has improved since pumping them up to the right preasure, will let them down slightly and see how it feels, possibly even inflate hogher and see how that is.

Cheers