Anyone know how to remove the grill on an R56 cooper?

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Anyone know how to remove the grill on an R56 cooper?

Just I have 2 Spotlights and want to add another 2 on. So I need to get the grill off but I can't see how to do it. There looks to be little plastic bits where screws would go but I don't see anyway of getting them off. Any help?

Car
    F56 GP
    yep I did a similar thing on my r56 Cooper. You want to try the following

1. open the bonnet
    2. remove the clips (best way to do this is with something flat to pull out the centre and then the actual clip machanism just pops out - a pet monkey's teeth are fantastic tools!!)
    3. check the lower mechanism next to the chrom stripe. There should be a release catch in the middle and at each side. The lower chrome strip should slide out.
    5. take off the grill

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Excellent.

I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Probably not for a week or so though.

I'll let ya know how I get on.

Cheers.