Looking for some tips and suggestions :)

rocker4500
    Good morning! Bored at work so i thought id post a wee questions

Im looking for some pointers on what products etc to use on the black beast. Not looking to spend crazy amounts but also want something half decent, if you follow !

Anyway, im currently using Meguiars clay bar, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Autoglym Bumper Care and some random Alloy wheel cleaner...cant mind the name

Basicaly I was the car, apply the bumper care, do the clay baring and then add the Super Resin Polish!

Was looking for thoughts on these products and suggestions of any others, i really need some sort of wax or something like that? Oh and i like it to be super shinny

EDIT: oh and something that will remove those bloody bugs good and there **** they leave behind and not leave a hazzy mess haha. Damn they drive me mental!!!!
    Gary
    Last edited by rocker4500; 27th August 2008 at 09:36 AM.

Smitty
    Gary

Have a wee dig through my detailing thread HERE and AndyP's HERE

I started from ground up and get advice on the steps to take to really give the car a good clean so have read through those and they should help out.

As for wax - Dodo Juice Rain forest Rub is brilliant stuff and works perfectly on my black roof - £30 for a pot from eBay.

And the bugs - give the car a good polish with the super resin to get rid of all traces of them, wax the car then the next time you have to wash it you will be amazed at how easily they come off. It's like they are just loose on the surface.

After waxing my car, it now only takes me 10 minute to give it a quick clean and get it back up to full shininess rather than the usual half hour.

AndyP, ianking and CraigD are also your guys for quizing - they certianly know their stuff!!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Bucket, cloth, water, fairy liquid, pub

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    An all purpose cleaner of sorts will remove the flies. I like Autosmart G101 as it has many uses and can be diluted to do various tasks. Mequiars APC is much the same but a bit more expensive and not quite as good. P21s Total wash gets good reviews although I have never actually used it.

rocker4500
    Cool, cheers guys, i'll have a look into those other threads and some of those products when i get home tonight

Gary