Global warming , thats a laugh

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    will i be dead before this happens? (well over 100?)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Whilst i agree that i don't believe in global warming as such, i can't help but keep an ironic smile with these types of reports.

Apart from anything else, the clever use of words like "plummeting" and "decades" and "pounded" etc go as far to whip up the mind to make us believe that what we are reading is the worst case possible.

Just exactly how far back can we go for records, i doubt the 11,000 years mentioned for the sun can be acurately measured much past the last 250 years or so, just exactly what recordings could we use to compare with what we have nowadays.

In any event, the fact we are being crucified financially is in my mind a complete fix and an injustice

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I'm with the Gaffer on this one, we're fed all kinds of 'doom' whilst 'they' act as 'pick pocket' at the same time

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

C.Noble
    Roll on global warming at Knockhill!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Hey.. take your pick which version of your doom you want to believe..

Alternative hysteria catalyst...

The Dogfather
    For every article that 'proves' global warming there's another that 'disproves', however read up on the global reduction in glaciers and then decide for yourself, not just one or two but all are showing a marked reduction.

The climate is too complex to say x will cause y, really all we have is a best guess.

mini saltire
    Jesus, it just rained here in Sunny Dunbar, that is the first shower of any discription since........ the last one we had about 15 minutes ago. there was also some thunder and lightning and now its sunny again. Just glad I'm not in charge of tyre pressures!!

worried,

Mark
    in
    Dunbar

The Dogfather
    The oil price isn't manipulated by the government. There's a shortage of supply caused by Alan spending too much time on NMS, at the time of the recent peak he was also posting on Northern MINI as well.

To keep the oil price down just keep telling Alan to get back to work

mini saltire