BTCC Touring Cars & Knockhill - Sunday 17th August

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How much!!!!!! so for 2people that's £50.

H'mm let me think about that e,mm nope not going I could get a pair of shoes for that money that would last me longer.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Knockhill will have a huge TV screen stationed at Real Radio Hairpin for the Touring Cars this Sunday. Text from an email just received:

"BIG SCREEN TV INSTALLED

Racing fans will be in for a TV treat at Knockhill Racing Circuit this weekend as the HiQ British Touring Car Drivers battle for valuable Championship Points. The Circuit will have a HUGE TV Screen installed at the Hairpin section of the Track. The TV will show live images from ITV4 so racing fans will have the best of both Worlds. Seeing the door banging action first hand and not missing any of the action at other sections of the Circuit. The screen was used at the British Superbikes last weekend and was an exceptional addition to the Knockhill Racing Experience"

It's probably the same huge TV they had erected for the Superbikes last Sunday. I noticed it on Eurosport as the camera panned around the hairpin. Thought they would leave it up for the BTCC. Makes sense I guess.

Does anyone know if they use the same guys for commentating the touring cars as they use for the SMRC meets?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

mini saltire
    I would imagine that they dont use the regular commentators. They didn;t last year

Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    I would imagine that they dont use the regular commentators. They didn;t last year
    Aww..what no Garry Stagg?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I think the regular guys still fill in the bits between the BTCC races.......thats what happened last sunday anyway at the superbikes
    Screen was OK but it meant that it was packed down at the hairpin stands
    I soooooooooooooooo want a KTM super duke after watching them race last Sunday.....almost sound as good as a 998, 998, 1098 Ducati....
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    I think the regular guys still fill in the bits between the BTCC races.......thats what happened last sunday anyway at the superbikes
    The previous weekend he didn't shut up for an hour straight - I was losing the will to live, as others here will testify lol

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniSnaps View Post
    The previous weekend he didn't shut up for an hour straight - I was losing the will to live, as others here will testify lol
    aye, if they fence had been lower and if there were cars going round the circuit, he would hae thrown himself in front of one of them...!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    aye, if they fence had been lower and if there were cars going round the circuit, he would hae thrown himself in front of one of them...!! lol
    I'm taking wire cutters with me this weekend

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Sarah and I are going on Sunday. We have scored free tickets from her work. Includes paddock entry as well.

What time does it all start on Sunday? Are NMS folks meeting up at any location?

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Don't think there's any meet-up plans. It's gonna be busy as **** so I doubt we'd all get standing together anyway.

Besides, Neil & Lorna, Stephen & Alyson and Lenore & I will all be spread out around the circuit to get decent piccie coverage.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto