Do I have xeons on my car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    I know this will sound stupid but do I have xeon headlights on my car (link below) I have no idea and I need to know as I'm fitting spotlights and it says there is different ways for xeon and non xeons.

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/for...&pictureid=212

Cheers. G.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Judging by the piccie and my works laptop has a crap screen, nope, you aint got Xenons, but, there are other ways of knowing.
    Comes with the Chili Pack

Also,do you have a headlight adjuster beside your knee bolster, if so, then Xenons are auto levelling and you would have headlamp washers, again comes with the Chili Pack

Car
    MINI-less
    If you have xeon lights then you will have headlight washers that pop out. Also if you open the bonnet and look at the headlight unit xeons usually have warning stickers for the high voltage 25,000 volts.

No, you don't.

(Xenons only come with the chili pack in a Cooper S )

philthy
    Quote Originally Posted by CCM View Post
    If you have xeon lights then you will have headlight washers that pop out.
    My gf has washers and no Xenons...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by philthy View Post
    My gf has washers and no Xenons...
    Eh can you check to see if her car has an interior headlight adjuster

philthy
    It has Hi/Lo Adjustment, yup, it is bizarre. It has normal lenses, not the projectors that xenons come with.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by philthy View Post
    It has Hi/Lo Adjustment, yup, it is bizarre. It has normal lenses, not the projectors that xenons come with.
    If the car was bought from a dealer i would take it back to get them checked out, maybe you've got the wrong headlamps installed by a previous owner

philthy
    It was bought from an independant garage.
    My theory is that it has had aftermarket xenons fitted at some point which require washers by law. It also didnt have any High Beam Bulbs fitted when we picked it up which seems to tie in. Although it does seem a lot of hassle to abide by a rarely enforced law.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Cheers guys but I tried looking at fitting my spotlamps today and... Think I will get a professional to do the job. Thanx anyway