Off duty police officers headbut

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I can understand the fiscal dealing with the offence, although I don't think the fine is exactly gonna stop the guy from doing this again, but my main question here is:

How in the hell, can a police officer (albeit off duty) headbut a night club bouncer and be back at his job the next day? Restricted duties for a while then back to uniform beat work.

WTF?

BBC News Clicky Linky

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Shocking should have been sacked and the fine is just a pile of p*ss

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by audrey View Post
    Shocking should have been sacked and the fine is just a pile of p*ss
    Exactly my thoughts, Audrey.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

If it were the other way round, i would be Police assault no matter that he was off duty. Thats a certain 3 months. It looks like one rule for them one for us. I was a bouncer for years if that was me they would have had to HOVER UP WHAT WAS LEFT OF HIM WHEN I WAS FINNISHED WITH HIM
    Last edited by illegalhunter; 6th August 2008 at 10:19 AM.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    It doesn't look good. Smacks of the 'justice' system looking after its own. I was always under the impression that a police officer involved in crime would be dealt more severely with because of the need to maintain a squeeky clean image with the public. Mind you a scan through the wbsite 'Scotland's crooked lawyers' is a bit of an eyeopener!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.