R56 seats removal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anyone taken the front and rear seats out of a R56 Mini.

Anything we need to know and tips or are they the same as R53 as we have taken these out before.

Take it we should still not turn the ignition on until news seats have been put in to save airbag light coming back on.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Not fully up to speed on this Fi, but, as for the previous variants do not even have the key in the ignition switch during removal and installation of the front seats

Smitty
    The Haynes manual for the R50/R53 adds to that - make sure you leave the car for five minutes after the ignition has been on to allow excess power to drain from the capacitors!

Airbag going off in your face wouldn't be fun

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Fi

I have had all the seats out of mine.

Open all the doors and tailgate then undo the battery. Safer that way incase it upsets the air bags.

Im sure the fronts are in with 4 x T30 screws. After they are undone there is a big yellow connector for the air bag and seat belt warning system. Unplug this and seat lifts out. Just remember to plug both front seats back before you hook up the battery. The back is almost the same set up as R50. 1 screw for the seat back uprights then they just rotate out of the rear 1/4. The seat base just pulls up.

Someone been buying some new seats???

Which reminds me, where FI, did you buy the Recaro's for the red convertible. Was it a Scottish dealer?

through drivers in Glasgow.

Not bought seats yet but I am thinking about it just depends on what I can get them for.
    Cooper Coupe...

mikeythemini
    Make sure the key isn't in
    Unplug the big plug (has a lock mech in it)
    Undo the 4 bolts & lift out

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    through drivers in Glasgow.

Not bought seats yet but I am thinking about it just depends on what I can get them for.
    Sorry to hijack thread, can you remember how much and which style?

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Sorry to hijack thread, can you remember how much and which style?

I think about 1500 to 2000 as I got them re trimmed to what I wanted. Recaro with electric bits.
    Cooper Coupe...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeythemini View Post
    Make sure the key isn't in
    Unplug the big plug (has a lock mech in it)
    Undo the 4 bolts & lift out
    is the big plug under the seats.

I won the auction for seats from ebay, Lounge leather seats.
    Cooper Coupe...