Interesting iPhone/iPod Touch App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smitty
    After a bit of digging through the E90 forums I can know understand how this works - uses the accelerometer - the sensor that detects the phone being spun from potrait to landscape.

The guys on there seem to be getting "fairly" accuarate results with the BMW's but all seem to need a few shots at different positions of the phone in the car and different settings (weight mainly).

I'm beginning to come round to the idea now!! Perhaps you should give it another bash Ben?

Forbes
    PLan is to tonight. But going to stick it flat somewhere. So that it cannot move

Car
    R53 GP
    Mine was in the cupholder...managed an 8.7 to 60 and it stopped calculating at 72mph. Quite happy considering standard is 10.9!

Forbes
    Last night i got 0-60 in 8.65 with a 148HP which is a bit better, although i do just have a standard cooper

Smitty
    Readings are seeming a bit more accurate now. Have you tried sticking it flat on the we cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel, above the adjuster the the light beam level? That could be ideal for keeping it flat.

Think I might purchase this app for myself now!!

Keep the updates coming lads

Car
    R53 GP
    I didn't manage to get the horsepower, didn't take the time to calibrate mine

I will do it someday