Interesting iPhone/iPod Touch App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 GP
    Taken From the website:

Introducing: Dynolicious

Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle of cup holder and go!

Some of the performance metrics in which Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 acceleration
    1/4 mile elapsed time
    Lateral G's
    Horsepower
    Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing your averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.

Here is the website - http://www.dynolicious.com/

And some chat about the product on another forum - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159715

For £7.00 odd im gonna get it, try and get a hold of it tonight and get out for a 'test'

Forbes
    Might aswell, be intresting to see

jayex
    will be interested to see how this does

Smitty
    I'd be a bit dubious on the fact it can measure HP....surely not??

Please prove me wrong though!

SimonS
    I downloaded this and gave it a try last night.

0-60 in 11.68s
    0-100 in 18.62s

1/4 mile in 18.82s

Max acceleration 0.49g

Peak horsepower 5814HP

Results seems about right......... for a Fokker 70!
    Last edited by SimonS; 1st August 2008 at 11:11 AM.

Forbes
    DOwnloaded last night, but due to wet roads my results are rather poor. Will post when i get a dry day

Forbes
    Do these figures seem right, i think 0-60 is

0-60 in 9.73s
    0-100 in N/A

1/4 mile in 16.63s

Max acceleration 0.72g

Peak horsepower 441HP

The Horsepower and 1/4mile seem way out to me

Smitty
    1/4 mile might be about right, maybe a little to quick but the bhp is VERY wrong mate. Unless your packing 2 tuned S engines under your bonnet!

Forbes
    Well actually its one under the bonnet one where the back seats used to be

Its HP rather than BHP, is there a difference, seems low compared to SimonS - He must have a couple of truck engines

Wait for a engine person to arrive:eyes up:
    Last edited by Forbes; 4th August 2008 at 02:37 PM.

Smitty
    HP and BHP are the same thing as far as I'm aware, it's just missing out the "B" (brake) in front of it. I'm sure HP is how the americans refer to it, while we refer to it as BHP.

I really think the BHP readings are a load of rubbish. Have a quick google of "fokker 70" and you might understand why SimonS is doubting his results!!

I understand how the app could calculate the 0-60 and 1/4 times using the GPS but I just don't understand what features of the iPhone's technology it is using to calcuate BHP.

Just for reference a standard Cooper puts out 120bhp (I think)

Hope this clears things up Ben!