sound systems for r 56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FergusM
    Think any speaker etc that you put in will be an improvement... to drive them properly you would still have to get something more than the standard head unit to drive them. And that is the one bit you can't change.

You could buy the wiring loom adaptor from newministuff and then add your own amp / speakers..

...but buy gear from Ian would be easiest way (fitting aside)...and you would know that it all fits etc. I know newministuff adapt the rear tweeters on the 6x9's they fit so that they fit in the standard grill...might find your alpines dont fit without something being adapted. He also adds sound deadening, and re-wires everything...hard to duplicate without knowing what you are doing.

....or just go the whole hog and drive to liverpool and get it all upgraded in a day...by someone that knows how to take apart the car and get it back together. Mine has less rattles than before it was done.

FergusM
    And I should add if you want to hear what the system would sound like...just let me know and we can arrange to meet..

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    The amp site under the seat for this system.

My mate fitted it all for me as he des this kind of a thing for a living.

You could always buy mine then drive down and get Mike to fit it if you cant get a local place to do it.

There is always MRD at Bathgate. They done an install on my first mini. They used to have a mini as a demo car.

stephen forrest
    i am just trying to find out the cost of getting it fitted i just have to watch the pennys as going on holiday soon i was hoping some one around here could fit it but every one said they would get back to me.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Get Mikey to fit it, ask him for a price, he'll get back to you
    Plus, you'll have the confidence to know it's been done right

stephen forrest
    the thing is that he is down in liverpool and i have not got the time to go down there i am to busy with work

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen forrest View Post
    the thing is that he is down in liverpool and i have not got the time to go down there i am to busy with work
    Aye, i'm lucky cause i get a month off at a time and can easily find the time to nip down for a day or two.
    On a previous excursion i went down on a friday, stopped overnight and drove back on the saturday once he'd finished, might be an idea for you

stephen forrest
    how long does it take to get down there?i am going to ask mrds to see if they can do it as that is closers and i know they do a good job