sound systems for r 56

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stephen forrest
    does any one know how to get a new sound system for the r 56 since there is no parts of to change the head unit please let me know

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Ian King has a full set of speakers and amp which was in his R56 and he raved about it. Also at a VERY good price now I believe.

If you are talking about changing the head unit, I don't think there are any options to do that at the moment...

FergusM
    Upgrade Ian is selling is excellent. It makes a massive difference in the sound. Just have to make sure you can fit it...or get someone to fit it. It is not a small job to take car / dash apart.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusM View Post
    It is not a small job to take car / dash apart.
    I'd agree with that.

Here's a couple of pics I took when I was down at Mikey's. It's not MY car that's been ripped (carefully disassembled) apart, thankfully.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

It looks ahell of a job, but the orignal set up is so pants

stephen forrest
    i found out the night that alpine does a hub for it which means i can put amps of sat nav etc in to the car with the standered head unit wot do u think would be the beter opp to do

FergusM
    I have the newministuff setup installed in mine...and love it. Good thing is that when it is in you can't tell that it is there. He does and excellent job of taking car apart and putting back together.

I can't comment on the Alpine setup..but have never read of anyone having it fitted on mini2 etc. I assume it is still a matter of stripping the car and changing all the bits. Can't see if being cheaper than buying bits of Ian...

Mini MoJo
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen forrest View Post
    does any one know how to get a new sound system for the r 56 since there is no parts of to change the head unit please let me know
    Skidz in Falkirk did our sound system on the R56 and it sounds bloody amazing! We have 6x9s in the back panel, 2 amps and a sub in the boot. If you want more info i can get my other half to speak to you...

Thanks
    Mary-Jo

stephen forrest
    skidz told me that there was not much that they can do for the mini r56 they told me that i could not get any amps in to my car because of the head unit. i do have alpine type r speakers from my last mini that i was thinkin about puttin in to the car to see how they were with the normal unit but the chance is i would need to put a amp in

stephen forrest
    i dont think it will be cheeper but it is a good price that ian is selling it for