What Would You Buy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    cos some of us didn't spend £21K on their Minis?
    then it's all relative isn't it, if for example 1 persons max was 21k and someone else's was 15k, then the person at 15k would look at a similar car for 15k instead
    I was trying to draw a comparison between values that chnage from folk to folk

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    cos some of us didn't spend £21K on their Minis?

Aye.....try half that amount
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    I wanted something more reliable then a 40 year old car. Clarkson had a merc 300 kinda like the 280se and his last service was over £15000!!! Next time though....

jayex
    Got rid of the TT as the running / servicing costs were too high

The other cars i mentioned would be worse - so i will just have to keep dreaming of the R8

bigcoyote
    Before I bought the Solstice - I also looked at a Lotus Elise Sport ( $41,000.00 USD ) and a BMW Z4 M ( $44,000.00 USD ) both were used ( 2005 - 2006 ) with less than 20K miles.

I always wanted an Elise - but they let me drive it for a day.....that changed my mind. Very nice track day car - but I am getting to old for a "fun" car that could put in the hospital with back problems just getting in & out of it - LOL

The Z4 M was really nice - but with a $10K premium over the Solstice ( and it was used ) -- I had to go for the new Solstice.

Oh well.....