Puncture Repair in Edinburgh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wul
    I know this has been asked soooo many times - but where did people in Edinburgh get their run-flats repaired?

700 miles in and my 17" Pirelli has a puncture already!:disapprove::dead:

Wul
    Oh forgot to add....it is a screw in the back tyre - smack bang in the first groove in from the outside edge!

Resident old yin.
    Bummer.

Did it happen on a building site Wul? Can you not get your work to pay?

Wul
    Dunno where it happened Ken - got the dreaded PING! on Saturday morning and thought at first it was the dealer putting stupid pressures in (35psi,31psi fronts :: 38psi, 26psi rears).

Then checked again today and the rear had dropped to 28psi in 2 days - so had a look and there was the offending screw.

Can probably get the repair done at work through kwik-fit mobile but wondered where the rest of the gang had theirs done - MMM has had one repaired if I remeber rightly.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Your friends and mine....Dunedin! just make sure they 'repair' the correct tyre. £15 a pop...as it were! It was a screw that punctured mine.

Wul
    Cheers Calum - will call them and see how much they want.

Wul
    Calum - just called Dunedin - guess what - they now won't repair the 17" pirelli tyres! Is that not the tyre you have/ had on your car?

GAJ
    National charge a tenner. It might be a bit near the sidewall though. I think that they recommend that you only repair the middle third.
    Oh! And National also scratch the rims!!

Resident old yin.
    Wul,

Just had a look on the Pirelli website. A huge PDF file about Euforias on there say something like "Pirelli does not recommend repairing the tyre"

Perhaps just get on the phone to all the tyre fitting places around town and ask if they can deal with runflats and if they'll repair a puncture on one.

I cannot for the life of me see why it shouldn't be done as long as the stiff sidewall is not weakened. They will not repair a puncture on a normal tyre with a hole in the sidewall anyway.

Did you not get round to getting the Tyresafe stuff yet?

Monsta Mo Mini
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Calum - just called Dunedin - guess what - they now won't repair the 17" pirelli tyres! Is that not the tyre you have/ had on your car?
    That's new! I've never had any problems with the repaired tyre(s). Still running them.