What do you think i should do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Well, if you're looking at a custom boot install anyway, then the base can form part of that.
    So, seat removal on it's own is ok then simple blend in where the seat belts would be etc.

One thing, remember, you may need access to the stuff under the rear carpet bit, where the puncture repair stuff is and spare wheel if you have one in there

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I think you should do it,it will look great
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

cooper-chick
    Thanks guys I just cant stop mod'n my mini. Its addictive and want to make it TOTALLY unique.....My Own and make it even better for next years fast and mod show

Is it easy to take the seats out - not that i would be doing it (my bro will) O and another thing i want to bucket seats for the front and was opting with plain black with white harness, white with black harnesses or white and black??? I thought the white would get too dirty but it would stand out loads

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hmm, bucket seats for the front, a nice mod etc, but, have you considered the air bags in the current seats??
    The belts have pre tensioners etc and may actually void your insurance if you don't advise them etc.

Not trying to sound like a kill joy
    Last edited by Gismo; 25th July 2008 at 11:34 AM.

cooper-chick
    No No i dont think your a kill joy - i havent mod'd a car like this before and need advice So what about if i put buckets seats in and leave the standard seat belts in? Would that be ok?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper-chick View Post
    No No i dont think your a kill joy - i havent mod'd a car like this before and need advice So what about if i put buckets seats in and leave the standard seat belts in? Would that be ok?
    Probably be best for one of the race guys to answer fully on the seats cause they install bucket seats for their racing.

But...........the pre tensioners are installed into the inside part and the underneath of each front seat, so, you're gonna probably have to change the belts.

Have you checked any dedicated web sites for seat installs for the New MINI, it's not something i've looked into, they may have options.
    Of course, there is always the BMW JCW seats at approx £650 each plus VAT look very nice, or even the BMW MINI Reacaro's, check my gallery for a piccie of them installed in my S and my classic
    I bought a pair on eBay for £650 delivered

cooper-chick
    Just had a wee nosey and your Mini looks spot on very nice indeedy.

Well i better get my thinking cap on.......there are a few hurdles now i know all this but we shall wait and see

L66RRA
    I know a lot of people who use harnesses with their bucket seats but keep the standard seatbelts in the car, duno if thats maybe an option?

cooper-chick
    Quote Originally Posted by L66RRA View Post
    I know a lot of people who use harnesses with their bucket seats but keep the standard seatbelts in the car, duno if thats maybe an option?
    Yeah i suppose i could keep them in.......less work than stripping it all out etc

What you need is a rear seat delete kit