What do you think i should do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cooper-chick
    Hey Hey Hey

I was thinking about taking my two back seats out of my Mini Cooper S . Wanted to get bucket seats and harnesses etc so though about taking the back two out altogether.

What you think and how easy and good will it look

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    This is what it looks like with the rear seats removed

You'll need some kind of covering or carpets to tidy up the rear

cooper-chick
    Oh my goodness Hmmmmm maybe not then . I was thinking about putting a show cage in it (well i think its a show cage) just like the ones that is a bar that goes across your roof and a bar diagonally across each back window. What youi think. Thats the reason i wanted to take it out but but but then your going to have loads more space. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THAT EXTRA SPACE

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Might be worth searching for a GP owner who has installed rear seats they'll have all the bits you need to turn yours into a GP alike rear end oooeeerrr

Also, my car shows the rear totally stripped, you'll have some carpet there for the rear above where my battery is

Not sure what you mean by show cage

cooper-chick
    Have you got a pick of a GP inside I just want to do something completely different to my mini.....make it unique

Ummm its like a roll cage but its not got all the extra bars its just got the bar at the top and the two diagonal bars. So when you look at it from the outside all you see is a digonal bar across the back side windows

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I would go for it Vicki, it will look great. I would say tho, make sure you can put it back to normal fairly easily so that you don't make your car unsellable down the line.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper-chick View Post
    Have you got a pick of a GP inside I just want to do something completely different to my mini.....make it unique
    Here's one:-

That would be unique and much cheaper, maybe a request to JC Parts for prices to convert your car, would be cheaper than rear cage i would think

cooper-chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I would go for it Vicki, it will look great. I would say tho, make sure you can put it back to normal fairly easily so that you don't make your car unsellable down the line.
    Aww thank you O and yup i will keep the seats and everything i take out so i can put it back to normal . Taking seats outb etc wont do anything for when it comes to MOT will it?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper-chick View Post
    Aww thank you O and yup i will keep the seats and everything i take out so i can put it back to normal . Taking seats outb etc wont do anything for when it comes to MOT will it?
    Nope, only if fitted they need seat belts

cooper-chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Here's one:-

That would be unique and much cheaper, maybe a request to JC Parts for prices to convert your car, would be cheaper than rear cage i would think

Hmmmmm its just the case of what i would do with all the free space as i love my music and have a wee sub and amp in the boot and wanted to make a wee boot layout but would it not look a tad bit silly

Help Help Help I need ideas