Aero grill or JCW Aero ???..

jayex
    Hiya - in need of some advice guys - i have read the threads over on Mini2 about this but i am still very confused are these items different as said on Mini2?. i would really like to put one of these on my 57 plate petrol Cooper ( jist a wee bit too bling bling for me at the mo) but i have been on the phone to several mini garages and still cant find the answer - some say there is only one aero grill and the above two are actually the same thing ? anyway i would really like to fit the center part only and use my exsisting chrome surrounds if possible? anyone know if it is and which one of these i need ?
    i did read on a post that its the JCW aero for the petrol Cooper with existing chrome surrounds? and that you sould use the cooper s aero for the cooper D with a cooper s bottom surround and existing top surround? - but then others are saying this is wrong ???.... confused....... yip i most definatly am . i would like to make sure this is right before placing my order - so if anyone can shed some light pwlease help
    ta muchly, Julie

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Julie, I'm confused.com on that one. TBH, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve either.

However, David at JC Parts could probably answer your question on what parts fit with what, and what comes with what.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

jayex
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Julie, I'm confused.com on that one. TBH, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve either.

However, David at JC Parts could probably answer your question on what parts fit with what, and what comes with what.

A.

LOL aye Andy one too many pain killers for me yesterday, reading it back it doesnt make much sence this is what im trying to do http://flickr.com/photos/supermega/2...7603927876883/ just trying to get rid of a wee bit chrome think i now have the answer - it seems Mini has made things more complicated this time tho
    J.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by jayex View Post
    LOL aye Andy one too many pain killers for me yesterday, reading it back it doesnt make much sence this is what im trying to do http://flickr.com/photos/supermega/2...7603927876883/ just trying to get rid of a wee bit chrome think i now have the answer - it seems Mini has made things more complicated this time tho
    J.
    Ah. Makes sense now.

Never done that, but like you say, MINI will not have made it easy for you.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Ahhh i totally understand now!!

you basically want the use of 2 grilles but cant have both!

ok...

*cogs working*

this is the JCW grille and not the aero one (unless there the same?)

Now number 1, 2 and 3 is what you require

number 1: Comes in chrome @ £28.00 inc vat and discount

number 2: Front grille @ £37.00 inc vat and discount

number 3: Bottom chrome Grille @ £12.60 inc vat and discount

There should not be any hacking, glueing etc etc involved if its not a modification to a standard fitted item
    Last edited by Livi; 26th July 2008 at 09:34 AM.

jayex
    David you have PM - i think i have got to the bottom of this one -finaly this is supposed to be the part number for the JCW Aero Grille (with out the holes for spotlights) that i need

supermega
    Hi ya,

Did you get it sorted in the end? It took me a complete novice about 15mins or so. btw that pic of the car in the above post mine! lol

PhatPhil
    Did you get this sorted?

Looking at fitting either the Aero or JCW grill to our Cooper D.

Really only want the mesh part and keep the chrome surrounds.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatPhil View Post
    Did you get this sorted?

Looking at fitting either the Aero or JCW grill to our Cooper D.

Really only want the mesh part and keep the chrome surrounds.

Dont think so, unless he managed to get one elsewhere.

the prices above are what you need to keep the chrome aswell as have the grille

jayex
    yep all sorted the salesman at the garage where i bought the car sorted this out in about 5 mins when i was along there one day, turns out all i needed was the JCW black grill and used the existing chrome surrounds and they fitted perfect - no probs like i say 5 - 10 min job max
    cant believe it was so simple as i was very confused about which part to order - seems to be a lot of debate on this - but it worked fine on mine
    hope this helps and thanks to all for helping me get to the bottom of this one
    Julie