Classic Minis Have you had One.??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Well yes I've had two classics, first was red mini city, still running around i assume, and the second was a rare blue/green mayfair i think(cant remember) that one is ummmmmm in mini heaven...:disapprove::dead:

tee hee hee...
    That's cos you parked it on it's roof! :blackeye:

3GGG
    I was trying to recall what happened to my Clubman Estate... I remember now the 'big end' went. I sold it to some guy for £150 and he later complained that he had a lot of work to do because a roller bearing had been destroyed and spread wee bits throughout the engine, I did tell him I thought it was the big end...

The other 2 Minis that my wife had rusted away. Her first Mini ( a nice aquamarine blue) was traded in for fifty quid against a second hand Mini that ended up being more trouble than the original, absolutely the worst car she ever had. Also the worst colour, **** brown I think it was called unofficially.

Had their fair share of usual electrical problems as well as I recall, and cylinder head gaskets.

What a responce..

Glad to see your all still mini mad...

Mini adventures Never ending...

lightbody
    1989 Mini Racing Green
    1995 Mini Sprite 1.3i (new)
    1998 Mini Cooper 1.3mpi (new)

macblob
    I had an H plate flame red (cooper lookalike) . Loved that wee car but unfortunately the rot took over

Vosh
    Learned to drive in an orange Mini 1000. My first Mini was a 1973 white one. Fancy interior, Peco exhaust, bucket seats and Mamba alloys. Rotton as hell underneath though. Then had a 1989 Mini 30. Cherry red, half leather interior, all cloloir coded mirrors and archs. Stuck a nice fat pair of 6x13 alloys on it, de-stickered it and it looked lovely. Great wee car.

My Uncle done time for setting fire to his Minivan and rolling it down a public highway as an insurance scam. My Cooper is my first as I am much to young to talk about the eighties in a grown up manner.
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Wul
    Never owned one myself but my folks had a blue mini 1000 (I think) when i was a nipper and took the family (all 5 of us) on holiday down south towing a boat which was filled with our luggage!

Tahra
    My Dad (re)built a couple in his youth and I remember very vividly the Inca Yellow clubman that we had when I was at primary school. My first car was a Mini 1000, in dark blue. My first run in it was to Auchtertool, with my Dad saying exactly the same as Big Gordys !!

shoppie
    Have had a 1969 Wood & Pickett 1275GT Clubman since 1982. Has only been on the road twice since then - both occasions resulting in it getting shoved back in the garage.
    Making a real serious effort this time to have it finished at the Arbroath Seafront show.