Classic Minis Have you had One.??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Come Onthen how many of you had a classic mini...

You must have a story to tell.. I think the Whole population has a story to tell about a mini..

I have had a variety Of minis in the past and currently have a 1961 Mini van that I Built.

Why is this section so quiet??

Have to rectify that SOOOON.....

Cheers Brian

3GGG
    I had a Mini Clubman Estate back in the mid 70's. Mrs 3GGG also had 2 Classic Minis. My Dad had one of the original Coopers, you know the one with the floor starter button. Oh I forgot my brother has an Italian Job Classic and has done the I.J. run a few times in it.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Learned to drive in my ex-Hydro-Electric Mini Van (It was blue). Loved that wee car until it finally rotted away to such an extent that it was mainly welding with bits of Mini in-between. We also had a clubman estate which nearly killed the entire family thanks to a leaky battery and the resulting fumes while on holiday! Whose idea was it the put the battery in the cabin!?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    My dad had a 68 cooper 's' when I was a nipper I've had 2 originals a 76 1275 GT Clubman and an 84 1.3 City X :approve: I remember my dad saying 'you don't have to slow down for corners, just turn the wheel' He was right :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Every car I've had except for my first mistake (a Vauxhall Shove-it ) and the current beastie have been Classics!
    So far the count is 5... Including a V nice pick up.. which unfortunately died in a spectacular puff of smoke...It lives again tho... last spotted over on the West coast..

Lost count of the smiles and stories I've had in them all!!
    Not least from meeting some of you guys on here thru the years at various [s]drinking competitions[/s] ..erm... Mini shows!!

duncan
    Yep, 1st car was a Mini Clubman.
    Blue, with classy beige interior.
    Learned to drive in it, until it went bang, and was then pushed in to the garage to rot away.
    I think theres still a patch of oil on the garage floor it left!

broken_brian
    as most of u know i have a classic at the moment which is being a little git at presant :evil: . I also had a mini advantage that needed a full front end and a boot floor for its mot

Well yes I've had two classics, first was red mini city, still running around i assume, and the second was a rare blue/green mayfair i think(cant remember) that one is ummmmmm in mini heaven...:disapprove::dead:

Car
    R56 MCS
    was my first ever car. Learned to drive in it and managed to get 5 student nurses in it for any early shift at woodilee! it was a beige 1litre job called morrissey. I had flowers painted as if they were hanging out the boot1 ahhh happy days............:)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I learned to drive in a blue clubby estate that I respayed black, wide wheels, buckets, etc, - Happy days! I ran it for a few years until the subframe mounts came through the floor due to a hard landing after going over a hump back bridge - it died as it lived - having fun - rather than rusting away.
    I also did rallies and autotests in a brown / white clubman in the 80's - various mods including a full fibreglass flip front. I crashed it on a rally :( and started to rebuild it but ended up selling it as an unfinished project :disapprove:
    Also ran silver 850 and a orange clubby estate in the past.
    Currently I have a 1.3 carb 93 Mini Rio with Minilight alloys & RC40 exhaust. I've just spent the last 6 months rebuilding it with complete front end, rear welding & new subframe. He is currently spray can painted black (or stealth fighter black as I like to call it )with white roof. I was going to take him on the Hadrian wall run but I'm now thinking the new mini would be best for such a long run.
    Anyway enough waffle - I could tell a million mini stories!