And Finally....

Car
    motorised
    At long last after 6 years and 3 months of loyal service my laptop has finally give up the ghost on me. So I have to announce the passing of my hard wroking, loyal servant who has accomplished me to oversea assignment places like London, Paris , Dubai , Tehran , Oslo, Grimstad, Bergen, Aberdeen, Invergordon and the rest of the world.

So after over 15 years absent I decided to move back to the healthy and fruity side and an Apple MacBook Pro (15.5") is now being assemble and winging its way to its new home in Aberdeen!

Hello Apple, it just works!
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Just lighting the bluetouch paper or fanning the flames

Car
    motorised
    No, no. Just a general info I like to share with fellow Mini lovers.

I know, on here, there are a few Mac's lovers and equally a few who detest the Mac's.

Just looking forward to my new toy!
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

GAJ
    I bought one a few months back - just the bottom end one with the 2.4Ghz processor. It's fookin magik! Stuck 4 gig of RAM in it and use it mainly to run Guitar Rig 3. (Which is an amazingly good piece of software).

Got Vista installed on it too and it runs like a dream - gets a Windows Experience score of 5.4 which isnae bad considering it's a Mac. Vista only seems to see 3GB of ram though?

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by rpn View Post
    Hello Apple, it just works!
    Congratulations, you will not regret it, trust me!!

Just give yourself time and a bit of patience to learn all the neat tricks of OS X..and you fall in love with it!!

I've had mine for nearly 6 months now....and the only Apps that have ever crashed - Microsoft Office and MSN - hmmmmmm, no comment!!

euan
    My only issue with Macs is the initial cost. Yes the GUI may be fantastic but I use very few MS products anyway on my home PC and it's very reliable so I just cannot justify the cost of one.

Side by side, same cost - I'd have one though.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Good thing about the macbook is the intel processor and you get bootcamp on leopard now, so you can run windows. I have and it works perfectly!!! Also, once you install windows you can install Linux in the virtual machine. You'll love it, I do
    Last edited by Ferengo; 20th July 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Car
    motorised
    After 10 days wait, my new toy finally arrived this evening. Took less than 5 minutes to set up including wireless connection. Can't really fault it so far.
    This is my first post from the new toy.
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Mac users all rave at how good they are but on several occassions two Mac users I know have asked to borrow my HP because they could not manage to do certain things with a Mac and yet still they tell me how fantastic they are

I like the look of them and Im sure they are very good but they are not without issues but you will not hear that from a Mac user.

Smitty
    Of course they have there issues....you can't do a lot of things on a Mac that you can do on a PC BUT the majority of additional features that a PC offers, you average user does not utilise, therefore a Mac would be the smart choice IF they weren't so expensive!

I still run a Dell laptop on Windows XP but it is getting turned on less and less now as I find out ways that my Macbook can do all the stuff I need it to do!

So conclusion....yes Macs have problems, but PC's do have lots more!!