GREASY WINDOW !!!!!!!!!

redpoint rallying
    I have a 2003 Cooper 'S' which is afflicted with 'greasy window syndrome'

Basically the interior of the drivers door window is covered in grease which will not go away. When you clean it, it just comes back as it is presumably picking it up from somewhere within the door.

I put the car back to the dealer for this to be resolved....they just cleaned the glass!!! I CAN DO THAT!!! They didnt seem too interested in permenantly rectifying the problem and it re-appeared almost immediately of course.

I havent had time to go back as yet so in the meantime has anyone else experienced the greasy window and any solution???

Cheers

GAJ
    I got this when mine was new. It disappeared after a couple of months. I think they are a little generous with the window mechanism lube in the factory.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Our first MINI was quite bad for this but the problem disappeared through time, and a fair bit of cleaning.
    There is a lot of info on MINI2 regarding this problem. If you really hassle your dealer they will change the window rubbers (Ooo er!!) at the top of the door and clean out the interior workings. Means removing the door panels though.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: I've had BabyB since August 02!! I think it's cause I don't put my windows down anymore to avoid getting the grease, but it does get less over time!! I might sit one day with the Mr Muscle (oo-er), some kitchen roll and put the windows up and down, cleaning them every time!!:dead:

tell me about it.. NIGHTMARE.... I have this to .. John Clark did exactly that. Cleaned the car window and said No fault found... GRRRRRRR

Anyway have to get my kitchen roll out..

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

...I might sit one day with the Mr Muscle ...
    Just call him Rob, we don't want to hear of your wee pet names for each other.

Wul
    I ended up gettting the window seals replaced on my coop and this problem resolved itself - although mines was like white salty marks on the inside....ooer missus - i just realised what i typed there! :I