upgrading to 3g iphone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mikeythemini
    Waiting for my 3g (got a normal iphone at the mo) BUT have today heard from several people that the 3g one doesnt charge in aftermarket products - icelink, audi, bose.......? When I get mine I will check seems crazy to change the charging

mikeythemini
    Have upgraded my old iphone to software2 - its great - check out ipint

Apple are breaking the law by only selling throw o2 , eu rulez

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'm sorry.....WHAT???

Why would you do that??

Eh Hacked Meh Eh-Phone

nah i was bored so i downloaded a few programs that allowed me to unlock and do stuff through my computer to the phone. i can put it back if need though Martin, just need to click the thingy on my computery

but aye, i had a wee shot in the o2 shop, i did notice it likes to 'buffer' alot, and being surrounded by salesmans going "you buying it eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh?!?!" lol

euan
    The new ipods locked out some of the older 3rd party components, my old dock doesn't work with the new one for example. Wonder if it's the same with 3G iphone?

Anyway, I'm not getting one, much as want one - my new SE c902 gets delivered today, with 600 minutes, unlimited texts and data for 20 quid a month - That's 370 cheaper the equivalent Ipod tarrif over 18 months. Iphone is good, but it's not worth 400 quid over a normal high end phone over 18 months.

GAJ
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
    Apple are breaking the law by only selling throw o2 , eu rulez
    Not quite! Some EU countries have laws (France for example, not) which make it illegal to only sell a phone tied to a specific carrier in that country, so Apple offer the phones 'sim free' in these countries. These are not EU wide laws that affect all member countries. No laws are being broken.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    i was looking into getting one but then thats the new 'prices' sucking me in

After seeing dad paying: £45 --> £62 -----> £102 etc etc (it went up and down but the 3 prices are min and max i think he went G2F with the phone in which i was happy to get.

so i dont think ill be getting one, so when my contract goes out ill just put my PAYG sim back in and play away more.

in a way its good, Ipod and Phone in one rather than carrying both but thats about it.

Euan, did you get a free gift with your new contract?

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    nah i was bored so i downloaded a few programs that allowed me to unlock and do stuff through my computer to the phone. i can put it back if need though Martin, just need to click the thingy on my computery
    I'll let you off with hacking it...just cuz it's sometimes interesting to do such things

BUT

loading Windows onto it.....u need a good slap my friend

P.S. I'll be in touch later today/tomorrow about ordering those bits!

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Right fine, have it your way....

Ill put the commidor system on it!

No botther mate, i might need to order in a few things

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post

Euan, did you get a free gift with your new contract?
    No, it was an upgrade on Orange - I'd tried to upgrade 2 weeks ago but they wanted 60 quid for the phone and 30 quid for the contract with less minutes and no data bundle so I passed. Tried again at the weekend and got that offer - which I was more than happy with!