upgrading to 3g iphone

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    I got it for 350 just went for 8gb as I would never fill a 16, by time I sell my current phone and iPod it will have cost me nothing to upgrade.

Andy as for texting I can't see a way to use a alphanumeric keypad
    Last edited by Bazthemod; 14th July 2008 at 10:22 AM.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

I cant believe that Apple would have put the original one out without 3g Its not exactly new tecnoligy

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
    I cant believe that Apple would have put the original one out without 3g Its not exactly new tecnoligy
    I have to admit. I kinda thought the same thing...

And you'd think the new one would come with GPS built in as standard.:eyes up: Maybe it does.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I have to admit. I kinda thought the same thing...

And you'd think the new one would come with GPS built in as standard.:eyes up: Maybe it does.

A.
    It does come with GPS as standard - and TomTom have already confirmed they have there own Apps and Map Packs ready to ship

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I ama Nokia man. I did have a looky at one in an O2 shop and it was OK. It was probably the best touch screen type phone I've seen. Ultra thin too. But I text constantly (just ask CraigD) and a qwerty keybaord when texting is a royal PITA for me. Often text one handed and just don't have the dexterity to reach all the keys with my thumb.

If the new iPhone doesn't do it for me, I'll be going for the Nokia e66 later in July. It launches soon.

A.
    get the new iphone then - it might save me some money... lol

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    It does come with GPS as standard - and TomTom have already confirmed they have there own Apps and Map Packs ready to ship
    OK. I stand corrected.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    My Dad had the old one, and never liked it, so i hacked it and unlocked it - it now runs windows lol!!

been tempting to look at the new one though, but to be honest whats different compared to the old one? (other than the MB)

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    i hacked it and unlocked it - it now runs windows lol!!
    I'm sorry.....WHAT???

Why would you do that?? I am absolutely shocked! Some people just don't like being told that Windows isn't all it's made out to be....there are much better alternatives out there - i.e. Mac OS X!!

Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    whats different compared to the old one? (other than the MB)
    The main new features are GPS and 3G. The design is mainly the same other than the back panel and the headphone jack is now sunken and can be used by any headphones.

The software has been updated, to accept 3rd Party Widgets and Apps and the browser is 4 x faster at rendering! Apart from that very minor changes and apparently they have updated the battery life but I doubt it!!

SimonS
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    yeh but contract is with 02 and not (carphonewarehose 02) they are different are they not.
    I specifically asked whether the contrct would be with CPW or with O2 and they said O2. Apparently this is unique to the iPhone as if you get any other phone from CPW on o2 you pay CPW not o2.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
    I specifically asked whether the contrct would be with CPW or with O2 and they said O2. Apparently this is unique to the iPhone as if you get any other phone from CPW on o2 you pay CPW not o2.
    sounds like I can upgrade through CPW then, thought it would have been with 02 direct.
    Cooper Coupe...