Piper X

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Julz
    I was told my warranty wouldnt be affected, but they're so easy to change anyway!

scott shand
    they like to change there minds from time to time!

GAJ
    I got my Pipercross Viper kit today! Looks magic but I am sh***ing myself about trying to fit it! I bought it secondhand and i am not 100% positive that all the fittings are present! Then I look at it again and there seems to be too many fittings! All the main bits are their and in perfect knick but I'm b***ered if I can work out where all the brackets and bolts go!! I'm totally kack handed at things like this! Does anyone have any experience they would like to share of fitting one of these to a Cooper??

Monsta Mo Mini
    Gary - what about the guy you bought it off - is he any help?

GAJ
    He described how it all fitted together and it made perfect sense then. However when I approch the car alone with tools it all seems very different!

Monsta Mo Mini
    I know - I crapped out of it too! Well that and a lack of tools...

GAJ
    Yes - the lack of tools is a problem for me too - I will have to visit Halfords again I think. I was looking at the clip around the hose fitted to the standard airbox and unfortunately it's not a normal jubilee clip and I have absolutely no idea how to remove it! That is how far I have got! I don't know if a special tool is needed. I dont want to damage anything as the standard box will have to be replaced at service time. Any ideas??

Julz
    The pipercross for the s was a straight swap for the big clumsy box!! But yet again, John will be the man with the know how!:)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Yes - the lack of tools is a problem for me too - I will have to visit Halfords again I think. I was looking at the clip around the hose fitted to the standard airbox and unfortunately it's not a normal jubilee clip and I have absolutely no idea how to remove it! That is how far I have got! I don't know if a special tool is needed. I dont want to damage anything as the standard box will have to be replaced at service time. Any ideas??
    All thats needed is a 10mm socket for the two bolts and a small screwdriver to prise the clip open and thats it.

then remove the old airbox :)

GAJ
    Thanks John! Can that clip be reclosed to use again?