What's your favourite film?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Am bored at work and thought this may be fun plus I might be reminded of some films I;ve forgotten about. May be it's been done before but list your fav film or a few and say a bit about it like so:

Die Hard:1988

John McClane visits his wife (Whom they are sort of seperated) at her office christmas party only to have 12 terrorists seize control of them and the building. Out numbered, out gunned and shoeless, McClane must stop them by any means possible. Explossive to the end and totally a non stop action movie.

Just bought this on Blu-ray and it's a rocking film .

Who's next?

doogz__
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Jonny Depp and Benicio Del Toro do all sorts of drugs, and generally get messed up. TBH that's pretty much it

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Fargo. (1996). Dir: The Coen Brothers.

The Coen Brothers at their very best. Set in winter in North Dakota, Jerry Lundegaard (William H. Macy) arranges for two bungling would-be kidnappers to kidnap his wife and demand a ransom from his wife's rich father.

The whole film is steeped in Coen Bros traits, from the ludicrous character names (Wade Gustafson, Carl Showalter, Gaear Grimsrud, etc.,) to plot strings that all weave together in a seamless fashion. The acting is superb, the script is faultless and the whole film will leave you rolling on the floor with laughter.

Double Oscar winner too, for Frances McDormand (leading actress) and The Coen's for the script.

Oh, and Lenore hates it.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

GCA3N
    Very hard decision here. I thought about this long and hard and my final decision is based on a film that I can watch over and over again, not just a one time classic.

PULP FICTION.

So many bits to it and I have watched this about 20 times.

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Yup I think I have made this very hard for myself too as thinking on it now there are so many good movies...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Good choice

camjay
    Some Like It Hot - 1950's back and white starring Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon and Marilyn Monroe.

Sorry this is cheating - more recently I really like 300 - I wonder why??
    Last edited by camjay; 22nd June 2009 at 05:41 PM.

euan
    Hmm, tricky. Am I allowed a short and decide later?

It would be one from:
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Grosse Point Blank
    Star Wars

I ruled out Bullitt as the car chase is really the only reason I watch it and the plot doesn't really make sense. Same for Ronin (though that does have a plot).

GCA3N
    Thought the italian job might have been mensioned by now